YouTube is the largest video hosting platform in the world. It drastically reduced the text content based websites and created a vlog or video blogging culture. As a content creator, you can easily add emoji in titles and description to attract more users. However, as a viewer, you can leave emoji in comments to add fun. Whether you are using desktop or smartphone, here is how you can insert emoji in YouTube comments.
Insert Emoji in YouTube Comments
Unlike WhatsApp and other popular apps, YouTube does offer separate set of emoji. What you can do is to use the built-in emoji keyboards in desktop and smartphones to insert emoji in YouTube comments. Below is how the emoji looks in video description.
Follow the below instructions to insert emoji in YouTube comments.
In Windows 11:
- First login to your Google account and go to YouTube website.
- When you are on the video that you want leave comment with emoji, click on the box that says “Add a public comment…”
- If you are not logged in, you will be prompted to do so now. After logging with your Google account, you will be automatically taken back to the video page.
- Type your comment in the box and press “Win + Dot” shortcut keys.
- This will open emoji keyboard panel in Windows 11 and 10 operating systems.
- Search your favorite emoji and click on it to insert in the comment.
- Click “Comment” button to post your comment live.
Insert Emoji in YouTube Comments in Mac
Similar to Windows 11, you can use the inbuilt Character Viewer app in Mac to insert emoji in YouTube.
- After typing your comment in the box, press “Command + Control + Shift” keys. Alternatively, go to “Edit > Emoji & Symbols” option from the top menu bar.
- This will open the Character Viewer app and click on the “Emoji” section to view different categories of symbols. You can also use the search box to type the name and filter relevant emoji symbols.
- When you find your favorite emoji, double click on it to insert in YouTube comment section.
- After inserting the emoji, click on “Comment” button to post your comment.
Using Keyboard Shortcuts
The above methods are useful when you want to search and insert emoji in Windows and Mac. However, if you frequently want to insert one or two emoji symbols, then it makes sense to use keyboard shortcuts. You can use alt code keyboard shortcuts in Windows and Mac to insert emoji and other symbols. For example, you can use alt + 127774 in Windows to insert Sun with Face emoji like 🌞 and option + 2603 to insert snowman ☃ symbol in Mac.
Insert Emoji in YouTube Comments in Mobile App
You can use the in-built emoji keyboard in iOS and iPadOS while you can use apps like Gboard for Android. The process is more or less same on all mobile and tablet devices.
- Tap on YouTube app and open the video that you want to leave a comment.
- If you are not logged in, tap on the profile icon and login with your Google account.
- Tap on the “Add a public comment” text box and type your comment.
- When you want to insert emoji, tap on the emoji icon on your iPhone or Android keyboard.
- Alternatively, on iPhone, tap on the globe icon and select “Emoji” as your keyboard option.
- Search the name to find your favorite emoji symbol.
- Tap on the symbol to insert in the comment text box.
- After adding emoji, you can tap on the ABC icon and continue the text. Finally, tap on the small arrow to post your comment.
The inbuilt emoji keyboard in desktop and smartphone supports all Unicode emoji grouped into different categories. Therefore, you can insert more than 3500 emoji using this method. However, some emoji like country flags are not supported in Windows but works in macOS and smartphones. In addition, the same emoji may also look differently in different devices.
Since emoji are also treated as text characters, you can insert them anywhere in the comment box. Below are some of the examples:
- This is YouTube comment with emoji at the end 😅😇😍
- 🚑🚖🚆 Here is the emoji at the beginning.
- Emoji is here 🍓🥝🍞 in-between 🫒🌽🧄 the text.