Nowadays, emoji is everywhere and all people started using regardless of the age. It is not only the fun way and also an easy way to express your feelings with single tap on the phone. Though emojis are initially used by Japanese, the introduction of emoji in smartphones like iPhone made them extremely popular. In this article, we will explain how to type emoji in iPhone to send beautiful messages.
Related: How to type kaomoji in iPhone?
Add Emoji Keyboard in iPhone
Emoji is a separate keyboard in iPhone similar to English, German, Spanish or any other language. In order to use emoji symbols on your iPhone, you first need to add the emoji keyboard layout.
- Tap on the “Settings” app and then go to “General” section.
- Look for “Keyboard” section and tap on it.
- You will see many keyboard settings and tap on the “Keyboards” option.
- You will see a list of all language keyboards available on your iPhone.
- If you don’t see “Emoji” keyboard, tap on “Add New Keyboard”.
- Look for “Emoji” and tap on it to add the emoji keyboard.
- Now, you should see the “Emoji” keyboard in the list.
Remember, all the latest iPhone models by default include the emoji keyboard layout. You only need to add it, if you don’t see it in the list.
How to Type Emoji in iPhone?
Now that you have added emoji keyboard layout, you can easily type them on messages, emails and any apps. Emoji works on all the apps having an input text box and use the default keyboard layout.
- In order to use emoji, tap on the text input area on Messages, email or any other app.
- Tap and hold on the globe icon shown on the bottom left corner of the keyboard. It will pop-up a slide out showing all the available keyboard on your iPhone.
- Tap on “Emoji” to choose emoji keyboard layout.
- You will see thousands of emoji symbols, tap on your favorite emoji to type on the text input area.
- iPhone offers emoji under the following categories:
|Smileys & People||Animals & Nature|
|Food & Drink||Activity|
|Travel & Places||Objects|
- Again, tap on the globe to choose your English keyboard to continue typing the text.
Related: How to type emoji in Android phones?
Quick Way of Accessing Emoji Keyboard
Emojis became so popular that Apple added a smiley key on the keyboard.
- Instead of using the globe icon, you can tap on the smiley key to quickly switch to emoji keyboard.
- Similarly, when you are in emoji keyboard tap on ABC showing on the lower left to switch back to English keyboard.
You can use emoji anywhere on apps and even as a folder names on the home screen.
Delete Emoji Keyboard
We don’t see you need to use this option. However, if you get distracted with the emoji keyboard, you can simply delete it. Go to the keyboard settings page and swipe the emoji keyboard on the left direction. Now, tap on the delete button you see to remove the emoji keyboard.
Finding Your Favorite Emoji
As you can see, there is a huge list of emoji available in a small keyboard space. Unfortunately, there is no search box to type and filter the relevant emoji in iPhone keyboard. In this case, you can use the following tricks to find your favorite emoji quickly.
- iPhone will show the recently used emoji as first in the list under “Frequently Used”. You can easily find them quickly.
- Tap on the categories at the bottom to quickly select emoji from that category. For example, if you are looking for sports related emoji, tap on the ball category icon to view all “Activity” related emojis.
In addition, you can use the following tricks to find emoji
Enable Text Replacements
You can setup text replacements under keyboard settings page to assign shortcuts for your favorite emoji. Learn in this article on how to assign keyboard shortcuts for emoji in iPhone.
Related: Alt code shortcuts for emoji in Windows.
Predictive Emoji Suggestions
iPhone keyboard is smart enough to suggest the relevant emoji symbols for the word you type.
- Go to “Settings > General > Keyboard” section.
- Scroll down and enable “Predictive” option.
- This will show emoji suggestions on top of the text keyboard.
- For example, when you type “phone” you can see all phone emoji symbols as suggestions.
Find the Emoji Name
Out of thousands of emoji available, it is difficult to find the name of the emoji you are looking for. You can hear the descriptive name of the selected emoji with the below option:
- Go to “Settings” app and navigate to “Accessibility” option.
- Select “Spoken Content” and enable “Speak Selection” option.
- Now, select the emoji you want to find the name after inserting on messages or emails.
- iPhone will show few options as a tooltip and choose “Speak”.
- It will speak the actual name of the emoji as per Unicode specifications.
Using Third-party Apps
If you are not happy with the default emoji, check out emoji keyboard layout apps from App Store. Installing such apps can offer you a complete different keyboard layouts that you may find comfortable than the default layout.
On the keyboard settings page, you can also enable “Memoji Stickers” option. This will help you to save memoji and animoji stickers on the emoji keyboard. However, you can only use this on the supported models with iOS 13 or later version.
Leave a Reply
Your email is safe with us.