What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
Search engine optimization is an art of making a website search engine friendly to improve the ranking on the search results. Whatever the attractive content you have, it is necessary to have good ranking in organic search engines to get mutual benefits. Users visiting your site should get benefited from the content and you will get benefited with the online revenue from advertisements or potential lead conversions. Organic traffic is also highly preferable by advertisers and ad companies due to non-incentive nature.
More than 80% of the websites available in the internet are not optimized for the search engines. The reason is that the webmasters are scary and confused about SEO and leave the task half way before reap the benefits from their sites. You just need some patience to understand and apply things in your site and of course every search engine needs some time to update their search database after you did changes to your site.
Learn Do It Yourself SEO Tutorials
Though there are many SEO companies available, we highly recommend to understand the basics of SEO and do it yourself especially if you are an individual site owner. Here is the collection of simple step by step do it yourself SEO tutorials to improve your search engine ranking in popular search engines like Google, Bing / Yahoo!, Baidu and Yandex.
If you have any SEO tips that you want to share with millions of users, send us your article.
Download free search engine optimization guide for beginners.
1. SEO Essentials
Even though every search engine uses unique and complicated algorithm there are common parameters for optimizing like meta tag, keyword density and backlink count. Ultimately optimizing these general parameters will bring your site up in all the search engine rankings. All these parameters are classified into three main categories as below:
- On-page SEO techniques – Describe parameters to be optimized within a web page like title and content.
- Off-page SEO techniques – Describe outside parameters to be optimized like external links.
- Black hat SEO techniques – Describe methods not to be followed for improving search engine ranking like creating spam links.
2. Link Building
Fundamental of internet relies on how one website connects to another. There will be no internet without linking. Logically, a webpage’s value will increase when multiple websites owners link to a that page. In other words, writing quality content will attract links from other websites thus increase your page rank in search engine results.
- Importance of backlinks in search engine optimization
- Backlink building and SEO
- 5 reliable ways you can start building your backlinks
- 3 ways to find number of backlinks to your site
3. Basic Optimization Techniques
You can do all these basic optimizations yourself to improve the ranking.
- SEO for URL structure
- SEO for page title
- SEO for meta description
- SEO for site navigation
- SEO for site content
- SEO for images
- SEO for crawlers
- SEO for mobile site
4. All About Keywords
Keyword is a magic that determines the ranking of any article on search engine. Finding, using and optimizing correct keywords is essential for you online success.
Take your Weebly site to next level with our free Weebly SEO guide.
5. Site and Sitemap Submission
Optimized websites are not sufficient for getting traffic from Google or Bing. You should inform the search engines about your website.
- Submit site to Google
- Submit site to Bing
- Submit site to Baidu
- Submit site to Yandex
- Submit Sitemap to Google
- Submit Sitemap to Bing
- Submit Sitemap to Baidu
- Submit Sitemap to Yandex
6. Search Console & Webmaster Tools
Learn more about the tools available for webmasters from popular search engine providers.
6.1. Google Search Console
- Introduction to Google Search Console
- Add and verify site in Google Search Console
- Use disavow links tool
- Submit Google reconsideration request
- How to use URL Inspection Tool or Fetch as Google?
- Link Google Analytics and Search Console
6.2. Bing Webmaster Tools
- Introduction to Bing Webmaster Tools
- Add and verify site with Bing
- Use Bing disavow links tool
- Bingbot craw control setting
- Bing submit URL option
- Setup geo-targeting for Bing
6.3. Baidu Webmaster Tools
- Baidu Webmaster Tools in English
- Add and verify site in Baidu
- Baidu ping service
- Baidu site analytics tool
- How Baidu spider Works?
- Create free Baidu mobile app
6.4. Yandex Webmaster Tools
- Yandex Webmaster Tools introduction
- Add and verify site in Yandex
- Excluded site option for Yandex
- Yandex server response check
7. WordPress SEO Tips
Here are the basic WordPress SEO tips, check out WordPress category for more articles.
- Optimize images for page speed
- Setting up WordPress permalinks
- Fix duplicate content issue in WordPress
- Monitor 404 error and setup 301
- WordPress All In One SEO Plugin
- WordPress Yoast SEO Plugin
8. SEO Tips for Weebly
Using Weebly for creating your site or blog? We have covered the optimization techniques for Weebly users.
- Write SEO effective Weebly blog post
- Add H1 tag in Weebly site
- Add H1 tag in Weebly blog
- Create custom 404 page for Weebly site
- Setup 301 redirects in Weebly
- Avoid duplicate content
Optimize your WordPress site with our free WordPress SEO guide.
9. Miscellaneous SEO Articles
Still need more articles for improving your SEO skills? Well, we have 200+ SEO tutorials on our site. Here are some popular content for you:
- All you should know about Robots.txt file
- Beginners guide to SEO for Magento 2 store
- 8 tools to check Google Search algorithm
- Optimizing page speed for SEO
- 7 reasons SEO affects your online business
- Guide to XML Sitemap
- Guide to 301 redirect
10. Free SEO eBooks
Download our free SEO eBooks in PDF format to read offline.
- Free SEO guide for beginners – Do it yourself SEO guide for optimizing your site to improve search engine ranking.
- Submit site to search engines – How to submit your site Google, Bing, Baidu and Yandex.
- Baidu Webmaster Tools guide – Step by step tutorial on Baidu Webmaster Tools in English.
- XML Sitemap submission guide – How to submit Sitemap to Google, Bing, Baidu and Yandex.
- Weebly SEO guide – Free optimization guide to improve your Weebly site’s rank on Google.
- WordPress SEO guide – Free beginners SEO guide to improve your WordPress site’s SEO.
11. Free SEO Tools
We have a separate SEO tools section for you to check and optimize your website. Here are some popular tools for you:
- GZIP compression checker
- Auto backlink generator
- Search engine spider simulator
- htaccess redirect generator
- Meta tag generator
- Keyword suggestion tool