What are Weebly Terms and Conditions?
Why My Weebly site is deleted?
Your Weebly site will be deleted any time if you violate Weebly’s terms of service. Here is a glance of Weebly’s terms of service which are to be considered by all webmasters before building a site with Weebly. All these terms are applicable for both free and pro users.
Weebly Terms and Conditions – A Glance
Whether you are a new or existing user thinking of building a big site with Weebly, it’s a high time to check out Weebly’s terms and conditions. This is to reconfirm you are working hard in a right direction and to avoid your site being deleted by Weebly. Otherwise later your site may get deleted by Weebly after plenty of hard work and it will be difficult to build your site and get back your reputation again.
1. Weebly Terms on Holding an Account
Any untrue information provided during registration process will lead to suspension or termination of your account. Weebly may also ban any future use of its service with that information. You should be at least 13 years in order to register an account and creating a site using with Weebly. The exception is the students who can use student accounts created by their teachers provided the parental consent is obtained by their teachers.
Cancellation of the account will have an immediate effect and your sites may be deleted by Weebly after cancellation. Weebly don’t hold any obligation to provide your site’s content to you. You can’t get a copy of your content incase if your complete site or partial content is deleted by Weebly.
2. Terms for Weebly Pro
Weebly Pro price plans are subject to change any time. Dissatisfied Pro users can get your money back within 30 days from upgrading with no question. Refund is only applicable for Weebly Pro accounts; domain purchase with Weebly is non-refundable.
After a period of time if you decide not to renew your upgrade, all the upgraded (Pro) features in your site will be discarded. Weebly do not hold any liability of such a content loss.
So think twice before you go for an upgrade it is not a onetime payment, it is a monthly payment you should consider in your budget till the time your site exist in the web.
3. Weebly Terms on Site Content
The following content guidelines need to be followed by a webmaster in order to avoid your site is being deleted by Weebly:
- Use of illegal and copy righted content without permission.
- Spamming such as promoting a site with inappropriate links or promoting your site by posting multiple submissions in public forums that are identical.
- Sites disrupting servers or networks connected to Weebly or violating any local applicable laws.
- Sites related to “get rich quick”, “get paid to surf”, pyramid/MLM, or other suspicious schemes.
- Displaying more than three ad units per page, or any advertising that greatly reduces the usability of the site.
- Site that provides distressing user experience such as extreme flashing banners and excessive animated movement.
4. Weebly Terms for Designer Platform
- If your client contacts Weebly stating that you are not responsive then Weebly reserves the rights to support your client directly.
- Each published client site under your account will incur payments that you need to pay to Weebly.
- If a new Client Website is published mid-month, a pro-rated amount will be included on your next month’s invoice.
- If you design websites for third parties on any other version of Weebly, such sites must each have their own account controlled by the third party, and you may not group multiple client sites under one account owned by you.
Here is a summary of terms and conditions provided by Weebly for using their site builder tool. The following type of sites are not allowed in Weebly and understanding these guidelines will help to avoid your site is being deleted by Weebly without informing you:
- Sites with Adult and Copy righted content
- Sites built for Facebook likes and Google page ranking
- Illegal which may be illegal in the United States
- Offering get rich quick, pyramid/MLM or any other suspicious schemes
- Displaying more than three ad units per page
- Sites created exclusively for the purpose of file hosting
- Sites providing horrible user experience like extreme flashing banners and excessive animated movement