Weebly is one of the popular website builders that allows you to build your website for free. They offer multiple platforms to cover different user groups. You can also use Weebly on cloud with Bluehost, SiteGround or any other paid hosting services. In this article, we will explain the use of Weebly designer platform.
Below are the platforms offered by Weebly:
- Weebly on the web for all
- Education platform for teachers and students
- Weebly designer platform
- Cloud reseller, you can access through paid hosting companies
What is Weebly Designer Platform?
Weebly’s Designer Platform allows webmasters to build and maintain websites for their clients. This is ideally suitable for the designers owning their company with staff members and clients. You can remove Weebly brand and customize your portal with your own logo, company name, favicon, color scheme and domain name. You and your staff members can then access your own portal and maintain the client sites.
You can try Designer Platform for free without publishing a client site. Weebly offers similar site and code editor similar to the standard Weebly platform. The site editor is referred as builder and the code editor is referred as coder. The code editor named as RubyGem coder will allow designers to modify the content and preview the changes instantly.
At this moment, the new designer platform is available as a beta version only available to selected subscribers. Below is the article explaining based on the old designer platform.
How to Enable Designer Platform in Free Weebly Account?
Years back, Weebly allows the normal users to share the designer platform using the same account. You can login to your Weebly account and go to “Accounts” tab to integrate the platforms.
When you scroll down you can see an option for Designer Platform.
By default this option will be Disabled in your account. Click on the “Enabled” button and the Designer Platform menu will be added into your account.
However, at present, you should register for a separate account for designer platform.
Customizing Weebly Designer Platform
You will have four options under Designer Platform menu:
- Clients – Here you can add all your clients and assign the staff who will be responsible for creating and supporting that client.
- Staff – Here you can add your company staff details and provide permissions according to their role in your company.
- Company Portal – This is the place you can create your own company portal which is the front end visible to staff and clients having access to your account. You can also add a Favicon and Logo to your portal and preview it before finalizing.
- Settings – Here is the place you can provide your custom domain name for your company portal. You can set your custom domains for both your company portal as well the preview site. When the client site is under construction stage, you can provide the preview URL link to your client for review and payment.
Pricing for Designer Platform
Weebly offers two plans for designer platform – Lite and WebPro. You can register for a free account and start using the platform to check the features. If you want to publish a website, you should upgrade to Lite plan which will cost you $15 per month.
The WebPro plan is for design agencies who want to offer a custom branded solution to clients. This will cost $30 per month for the platform to use and $8 per month publishing websites. In line with Weebly’s new pricing plans every client site under your designer platform account needs to be upgraded individually.
You can try out designer platform for free and build your client site. If you are happy then upgrade your account and publish the sites to client’s domain. Though Weebly’s site editor is super easy for every age group, the pricing is also costly. This means, you also need to charge your client accordingly to get profit from your business. In our opinion, this is highly difficult task with the limited functions available in Weebly. If you are really launching web design business, we recommend to go with self-hosted WordPress. This will help you to save cost as well as allow designing unlimited websites for different purposes.