Blogging is becoming a professional job for many of the youngsters. It is easy to make a WordPress blog with a collection of articles from the area of your interest. However, the success depends on converting the one-time visitors to a return user. Though there are many ways to retain your visitor, the easy way is to ask them to subscribe to your blog. In this article let us explore top 10 popup subscription plugins for WordPress blog.
Related: Beginners guide to WordPress maintenance.
Why You Need Popup Subscription?
Though WordPress is an excellent blogging platform, you also need to make considerable effort to create and market the content. Many individual bloggers don’t have enough budget for content marketing. Therefore, they need to use different available opportunities without much investment.
One of the easier ways is to use a popup plugin and get subscribers for sending newsletters. Popup subscription is also a proven method that works well for blogs and online businesses to increase customer retention.
Top 10 Popup Subscription Plugins for WordPress
Here are the plugins helps you to add popup functionality in your WordPress website.
OptinMonster is a popular popup plugin for WordPress and it allows you to target the audience in an effective way.
- It includes many pre-made templates that you can customize with the integrated drag and drop functionality. More creative website owners can start from a blank canvas.
- There are many different popup formats you can choose, such as slide in scroll box, full screen welcome mat and lightbox popup.
- Triggers for popups include exit-intent, which detects when a visitor is about to leave the website. A well-designed popup could recover someone who plans to leave the website.
- The plugin also includes other features like inactivity sensor, timed display and scroll trigger.
The price of the OptinMonster plugin starts from $9 for a monthly basic subscription. You can get more premium features by upgrading to other plans.
2. Popups – WordPress Popup
Popups plugin doesn’t offer comparable features like OptinMonster. However, it’s great for you to get basic functionalities for free.
- Offers compatibility with popular plugins like Jetpack, Contact Form 7 and MailChimp.
- Once you define the appearance of your popup, you can use the rules to optimize its behavior.
- You can create popups with number of indicators like when leaving a comment or accessing particular categories.
- Show more relevant popups to users based on their preferred topics.
For the basic version, available triggers include manual, scroll depth and timing. For premium version, additional triggers include exit intent and other elements.
3. Ninja Popups
Ninja Popups include a wide array of built-in templates that are relevant to various requirements.
- The plugin comes with various features, such as animation effects, custom pop-up positions drag and drop visual builder, anti ad-block technology and dashboard statistics.
- You can also use A/B testing and integration with various email marketing services.
- Targeting options include timing, exit intent, page levels and others.
Ninja Popups is a premium plugin and you can purchase it for $26 from codecanyon.
4. Popup Maker
Popup Maker is helpful to create various popups like video lightbox, slide outs, cookie notices and opt-in forms. The editor tool for designing the popup is based on the familiar interface of WordPress, although it doesn’t include the drag and drop functionality. There are different conditions that can be used to target the audience and more advanced targeting options are available in the premium version. The basic version is free and more features are available as paid add-ons.
5. Popup Domination
Popup Domination is one of the earliest popup plugin for WordPress. The developer continues to update the plugin to keep it competitive. There are a number of features added, such as A/B testing for popups optimization. Users can use triggers like page views, scroll depth and timer. It integrates with Google Analytics Event Tracking to get information directly from Google Analytics. Instead of paying for additional features, Popup Domination is available in a number of plans. Each plan comes with different set of features. Depending on your requirements, it could work out to be more affordable compared to other plugins. The basic version is available for $9 per month and serves up to 10,000 popups per month.
Sumo is more than just a popup plugin, it is also a complete tools suite for your WordPress website.
- One of the features of Sumo is a List Builder that allows you to properly display email opt-in popups. Sumo List Builder also includes analytics and A/B testing.
- Sumo List Builder is known for its functionality and you can be creative with what kind of popups that you want to make.
- Triggers for popups include timing, exit intent and scroll depth.
- Sumo Pro offers tight knit integration with many email-marketing services and Sumo branding is removed from the pop-up.
Sumo is free to use and the Sumo Pro version is available for $39 per month.
7. Anything Popup
Anything Popup is a highly reliable plugin and it’s known as unblockable by ad-block software. This may be intrusive for some people, but can be acceptable if you provide something meaningful with your pop-up. Overall, the plugin gives basic popup functionality with good compatibility with various plugins and themes.
8. Popup Builder
Popup Builder helps you to create very customizable popups for the audience. You can make great popup with shortcodes and create unlimited popups using custom configurations. Each popup in your website has its own settings panel, with the ability to customize sizes, colors, themes and others.
PopupAlly is designed to support popup with exit intent functionality. So, the popup will appear when users are about to leave the website. Exit intent trigger is known for its effectiveness to recover leaving visitors by a significant margin. PopupAlly doesn’t require coding experience to allow it to work.
10. Alligator Popup
Alligator Popup is useful for people who wants to use shortcode to manage their popup. It means that you can assign a different popup for each of the page. You can customize popup to have specific height or width. You may also decide to use a scrollbar on your plugin or not.
Popup subscription or showing important message on a popup is a good idea. However, most of the users don’t like popup especially on mobile devices. Therefore, ensure to use popups only when you really need and not just because so many plugins are available.