Unicode has more than 3000 emoji symbols. Though you can copy and paste all the emoji symbols, you can only type some of them using keyboard shortcuts. With Covid-19 pandemic shows no ending sign, there is a drastic increase in science related emoji symbols in social media platforms. If you are looking for typing science emoji symbols in documents and chat conversations, here is a complete list with keyboard shortcuts. There are also other options, if keyboard shortcuts are not working for you.
Shortcuts for Science Emoji Symbols
Unicode has seven science emoji as part of objects category and there are few more symbols available under other categories. Here is a list of alt code shortcuts for all the available science emoji symbols. Remember, medical emoji symbols are different than science emoji group.
|Emoji||Name||Decimal Code||Hexadecimal ode|
Type Science Emoji in Windows
There are multiple ways to insert the above listed emoji symbols if you are using Windows computer.
Alt Code Shortcuts
This method is good when you have a separate number pad on your keyboard.
- First, turn on number lock.
- Press one of the alt keys on your keyboard and hold it.
- Type the decimal code from the above table.
- It will create the emoji symbol.
For example, alt + 129516 will produce the DNA emoji like 🧬.
Using Hexadecimal Code in Word Documents
If you do not have a long keyboard with separate number pad then there is an alternate option available.
- Type the hexadecimal code from the above table.
- Press alt and x keys together.
- This will toggle the code into an emoji.
- However, this method will only work on Microsoft Word documents. You can copy and paste the emoji on other applications like PowerPoint and Outlook.
For example, 1F9EA Alt + X will make the test tube emoji like 🧪.
Windows Emoji Panel
If keyboard shortcuts are not working, you still have another options to use the built-in emoji panel.
- Press “Win + Dot” or “Win + Semicolon” keys.
- This will open the emoji panel pop-up.
- Type the emoji name to filter the relevant symbol. You can also go to objects category and find the required symbol.
Type Science Emoji in Mac
Unfortunately, you can’t type these science emoji in Mac with shortcuts except Alembic emoji. For Alembic symbol ⚗, first change the input to Unicode hex and then use option + 2697. However, the easy way in Mac us to use Character Map which is similar to the emoji panel in Windows computers.
- Press “Command + Control + Shift” or go to “Edit > Emoji & Symbols” menu in any applications.
- This will open the emoji panel. Type “science” in the search box to filter relevant symbols.
- After finding the emoji, double click on it to insert on your documents.
Note: The scientist symbols like 🧑🔬 👨🔬 👩🔬 are made of multiple codepoints, hence you can’t type using keyboard shortcuts. However, you can use the emoji panel in Windows and Mac to insert these emoji symbols.
Using in HTML
If you want to insert these emoji in HTML documents, use decimal and hexadecimal codes in the following format. You can use this with paragraph, span or any other text formatting tags.
Inserting Science Emoji in Android and iPhone
On Android smartphones, you can use Gboard keyboard extension for searching and inserting emoji symbols. If you have iPhone, it comes with in-built emoji keyboard which you can use.
- When you are in applications like messages, mail, etc., tap on the emoji key to open emoji keyboard.
- Type the name to find the emoji and tap on it to insert.
- You can also check under objects category to find the symbol.