5 Google Chrome Extensions for Bloggers
Blogging can at times become a challenging task, which demands fresh and quality content for readers on a regular basis. This calls for deep research, analysis and time management. At the same time you need to keep an eye on emerging trends to remain at the top of your blogging game.
Since most of the bloggers use Google Chrome as a default browser, it is a good idea to look for integrated extensions to improve the content. Fortunately, Google Chrome offers the much needed help to ensure that blogging remains interesting and fun to most of us.
Related: How to block ads in Google Chrome?
1. RSS Aggregator
If you are a blogger, keeping tab with your competitors’ blog content is very critical to your success. There are few ways you can keep track of hot sites on your niche. For example, you can subscribe to the newsletter, allow push notifications or regularly visit their blog section. However there is another effective way to get the content on your browser, that is using RSS feed of the blog.
Chrome offers many RSS feed extensions and one of the popular extensions is RSS Aggregator. This Chrome extension allows you read, add and manage RSS feed to effectively monitor competitors’ content.
Follow the below instructions to add RSS Aggregator to Chrome.
- Type “chrome://extensions/” on the address bar.
- Click on the “Extensions” menu and select “Open Chrome Web Store” at the bottom of the page.
- Search for the extension by typing “RSS Aggregator” on the search box of the web store page.
- Click “Add to Chrome” button to install the extension.
- To open the extension, click on the “RSS Aggregator” icon from your browser toolbar and then click on “Read Feeds”.
- From the dashboard, you can add or organize feeds.
- The extension offers many features to arrange the layout and change to bright or dark theme.
To grow your website to the next level, you need to dedicate most of your time on blogging. However, there are so many online distractions like emails, videos and social networking which can lead to time wastage and limit your productivity. For this reason, you need StayFocusd to help you focus your energy on serious blogging.
- Search for “StayFocusd” on the Chrome Web store and click the “Add to Chrome button”.
- Click on the extension icon from the toolbar and click on “Settings”.
- The extension works by limiting the time you spend on time wasting sites at the expense of your blogging productivity.
- To block sites, select the “Blocked Sites” option, type the site(s) URL on the space provided and click the “Add Blocked Site(s)” button.
- Navigate through other settings option to set the time and customize the dashboard.
Once time for accessing a given site runs up, the extension will block the site until the following day, thus you can concentrate on more productive online activities.
3. Grammarly for Chrome
The quality of your content matters a lot. Grammarly is a popular online tool that helps to write content free from spelling and grammar mistakes. It also has a Chrome extension that helps bloggers to publish high quality content by identifying and correcting grammatical mistakes before it gets to your audience.
The tool helps proof reads your article and gives correction suggestion to save you the embarrassment of erroneous content. You can also purchase a premium version that offers comprehensive checking and plagiarism.
4. Open SEO Stats (Formerly PageRank Status)
Monitoring your blog’s SEO data is very vital for your online success. The Open SEO Stats is a free tool that helps you collect and analyze SEO data for a given webpage or website.
- Install the tool from Chrome Web Store.
- To use the tool, open your preferred webpage and click on the “Open SEO Stats” icon from the toolbar. This will display the site’s SEO statistics including server details, link analysis and many more.
5. SEO Content Checker
Quality blogging involves publishing quality content that is reader friendly, original and relevant. This user-friendly tool helps you to check your blog content for readability, plagiarism and keyword usage, making it ideal for both your audience and search engines.
The tool can be useful in:
- Highlighting plagiarism in the text.
- Eliminating redundancy in your content.
- Improve your blog relevance.
- Formatting text to enhance readability.
- Avoiding keyword stuffing.
- To use the tool, add the extension to Chrome from Chrome Web Store by clicking the “Add to Chrome” button.
- Open the extension by clicking the icon on the toolbar.
- Add your content on the paste your text or blog URL on the Dashboard for analysis and click the “Check” button.
- This will display the assessment results for your content with suggestions on what you can improve.