How to Record Your iPhone Screen?
Earlier days people struck with reading text content with few images online. Thanks to social and video sharing platforms like YouTube, nowadays video editing has become one of the most wanted online jobs. You don’t need to be an expert or need complex editor tools to make good videos. Especially when you have iPhone, you can simply record your iPhone screen to make instructional videos.
Why You Need Screen Recording?
iPhone has one of the most powerful cameras among all smartphone models. You may wonder why to capture the screen instead of recording through camera. The answer is simple that you can’s use camera to record the activities on your own iPhone. There are many useful reasons you need to record the screen:
- Record a YouTube video. YouTube does not allow you to download the videos and you need to have a premium version with monthly subscription. With screen recording feature on your iPhone, you can easily capture the portion of the video and save to your Photos stream for later use.
- Capture instructional videos to explain how to use the iPhone.
- Record content when you are inside an app.
- Have some fun with recording your gaming skill and show to your friends.
How to Record Your iPhone Screen?
Good part is that iPhone by default has a screen recording tool. Therefore, you don’t need to have additional apps for this purpose.
Enable Screen Recording Option
Screen recording is one of options in iPhone Control Center. Follow the below instructions to enable recording.
- Tap on the “Settings” app and navigate to “Control Center” option.
- First enable “Access Within Apps” to allow opening of Control Center when you are using apps.
- Now, tap on “Customize Controls” option.
- You can see lot of options under “Include” and “More Control” sections.
- Make sure the “Screen Recording” option is under “Include” section. If you find the “Screen Recording” under “More Controls” section, tap on the green + icon to include in the Control Center.
- You can access all the options under “Include” section by quickly accessing the Control Center.
Recording Your Screen
Let us explain the screen recording with an example of using YouTube app in iPhone. You can do this with any of your favorite app.
- Open YouTube app with a video and get ready for your recording.
- If you have an iPhone with home button, swipe up to open Control Center. If you have the latest models without home button, swipe from the top right corner.
- You will see the Control Center with all the included options as per your customization.
- Tap on “Screen Recording” button. It will start counting 1, 2 and 3, tap on the screen to go back to the app screen before starting of recording.
- At the start, you will see a red recording button on the top left corner of your iPhone. During the recording, this red button will show the clock for you to monitor the time.
- When you are done with the recording, tap on the recording button and choose “Stop” recording.
- iPhone will show you a notification that the video is saved in photos stream.
- Open Photos app and find your screen recording video.
Editing Screen Recording Videos
Since most of us are not professional, you may have to prepare few seconds before the start of recording. In addition, you also need to cut the end part that shows the pop-up confirmation for stopping the recording.
- Open Photos app and then open the video of your screen recording.
- Tap on the “Edit” option showing on the top right corner.
- You can drag the arrows and trim the start and end of the unnecessary portions.
- It is also possible to apply other cosmetic changes to your video to make it good looking.
In case if you need to edit the middle portions of the video and add captions, you need to look for video editing apps from the App Store.
Related: How to manage apps in iPhone?
Broadcasting with Screen Recording
Instead of recording the screen, iPhone also allows you to directly broadcast the screen to a third-party application. You can do the screen broadcasting with the same recording function with the supported apps.
- When in Control Center, tap and hold the “Screen Recording” icon to see all available apps that supports recording and broadcasting.
- iPhone uses “Photos” app for using the default “Screen Recording” feature.
- In order to use broadcasting, you should have a supported third-party apps. For example, you can see “Messenger” option if you have “Facebook Messenger” app on your phone.
- Select the app you want to use for broadcasting and tap on “Start Broadcasting” option.
- This will instantly start the screen recording and share your iPhone screen to the connected app. Tap on the red recording button and stop sharing the screen anytime.
- This is a super easy way to broadcast your presentations to larger groups in TeamViewer or other apps. You can also use the microphone to speak during broadcasting.
Related: How to broadcast iPhone screen on your Mac with QuickTime Player?