How to Take Full Page Website Screenshot in iPhone?
Screen capture is one of the useful functions in smartphones. It helps you to quickly grab the screen which you can use for explanation, notes and instructional purposes. The normal screen capture allows you to only capture the view ports of the phone. However, sometimes you may need to take the screenshot of the entire webpage in Safari. In this article we will explain how you can capture the full page website screenshot in iPhone like a pro and share with your friends.
Related: How to take screenshots in Mac?
Taking Screenshots in iPhone
You need to use different methods to take the screenshots depending upon the model of your iPhone.
- If your iPhone has home button, press the home and side power button together to capture the screen.
- On the latest iPhone X or 11, you can press the side power button together with the volume up button.
The alternative and easy way in all iPhone model is to enable “Assistive Touch”. You can tap on the “Assistive Touch” icon and use “Screenshot” option whenever you need.
Taking Full Page Screenshot in iPhone
The latest iOS 13 has a hidden screen capture feature that will allow you to capture the full length webpage in Safari browser.
- Tap on “Safari” browser icon and open the website you want to capture the full page screenshot.
- Press, side power and volume up buttons together to take a normal screenshot.
- Tap on the screenshot thumbnail image floating on the bottom lower corner of your iPhone.
- This will take you to the mark up screen with multiple options. You can see two tabs with the name “Screen” and “Full Page”.
- Tap on “Full Page” tab to view the full length screenshot of the website.
- iPhone will show you the preview of the webpage on the right slide. You can scroll the side preview to view the live full length screenshot.
- Do any other mark up if you want on the webpage’s screenshot.
- Tap on the “Share” icon on the top right to instantly share your full page screenshot.
- Tap on “Done” and choose “Save as PDF…” to save your full page screenshot.
Related: How to setup Screen Time in iPhone?
Requirements for Full Page Screenshot
As mentioned, the full page screenshot option is only available on the latest device and operating systems.
- You need to have iOS 13 or later.
- Though iPhone 7 and 8 support iOS 13, you will not have the full page option.
- You need to have iPhone X, 11 or later, in order to use this feature.
- Full page option will only work when you take screenshot from Safari. It will not work when you take screenshots of other apps that stretches beyond the bottom screen.
- The option also will not work on other browser apps like Chrome or Firefox for iOS.
Difference Between Full Page and Regular Screenshots
Remember, the full length screenshot depends on the length of the webpage. If you are viewing a very lengthy webpage then the screenshot may be very long with bigger size.
- iPhone saves the regular screenshots in PNG format. This essentially means, normal screenshots are images that you can opt to save in Photos or Files app. You can view the screenshots saved in Photos on your Camera Roll like any other pictures taken using camera.
- The biggest difference with full page screenshot is that iPhone only allows to save full page screenshots in PDF format. This is required to reduce the file size of the screenshot. However, you can only save PDF files in Files app on your iPhone or in iCloud.
- Normal screenshot taken with iPhone 11 Pro Max is with the size of 1242×2688 pixels. This will be around the size of 2MB to 10MB depending on the color profile.
- Full length screenshot taken with iPhone 11 Pro Max will be much smaller in size with 500KB to 1MB in size. This depends on the color profile and the length of the webpage.
If you really want to have a full page PNG or JPEG screenshots, then probably you need to look for better apps from App Store. On Mac, you can use the premium screen capturing tool Snagit to capture panoramic scrolling screenshots easily.
For WordPress Publishers
Though PDF screenshots have some problems in viewing and sharing, you can directly embed PDF files on publishing platforms like WordPress. Therefore, you can use full page screenshots in iPhone for instructional and tutorial articles on your WordPress articles by embedding the PDF image. Below is how it will look on WordPress site when you insert PDF as a downloadable file. Click on the download button to view the full page screenshot taken using iPhone 11 Pro Max.