Nowadays, AI or Artificial Intelligence apps are available for almost every purpose and writing assistants are the most popular among all. Though you can use independent apps, websites, ChatGPT, Copilot in Windows 11 or Google Bard, using Chrome extensions come handy when you want to finish the tasks within your browser. Here are top 10 Chrome AI extensions for writing assistance which you can integrate in your regular workflow and save huge amount of time.
Using AI Writing Assistance Extensions
Most of the Chrome AI extensions use ChatGPT from OpenAI in the backend. Since ChatGPT is still new and kind of experiment, make sure to use these extensions ONLY as your assistance or copilot as Microsoft says. For example, you can fix grammar, spelling, punctuation and readability issues within Chrome browser. We do not recommend using them for rewriting text or generating content from other websites.
1. QuillBot: AI Grammar and Writing Tool
QuillBot is an AI platform offers packaged tools for paraphraser, grammar checker, plagiarism checker, writer, summarizer, translator and citation generator. There are Word and Chrome extensions which you can install to get some of the main platform’s features. The AI based QuillBot Chrome extension has more than 3 million users and offers three major functions – grammar checker, paraphraser and summarizer.
- Check and fix punctuation, spelling and grammar mistakes.
- Choose the language and mode to paraphrase your content and rewrite it in a better way using natural language processing.
- Get the summary from documents, emails and webpages.
The free version is restricted with limitations like 125 words for paraphraser, 1200 words for summarizer and only two modes (standard and fluency). You need to upgrade to premium to get unlimited features which will cost you $99.95 per year.
2. HyperWrite – AI Assistant
HyperWrite has more than 100K installations in Chrome Web Store. This is also a packaged tool offering Personal Assistant and AI Writing Assistant.
- You can input a prompt and write professional emails in Gmail or Outlook and reply to conversations.
- Rewriting and content writing tools help to overcome writer’s block and get an error free copy.
- Use the AI chat bot to get responses to your queries and generate ideas.
The free version is limited and you need a premium version with $19.99 per month to get unlimited AI writing assistance.
3. Grammarly: Grammar Checker and AI Writing App
Grammarly is popular for its grammar, spelling and plagiarism checker tools. However, they also offer Generative AI Assistance tools built in with Chrome extension. You can use this AI assistant to:
- Draft emails and rewrite text.
- Create ideas and fix errors to improve the readability of your content.
- Generate job descriptions, resumes, business plans and articles using AI assistant.
You will have a monthly quota of 100 prompts to use with free plan and need to upgrade to a premium plan for getting more features and insights.
4. ProWritingAid Grammar Checker and Writing Coach
ProWritingAid is another powerful AI Chrome extension for optimizing your content.
- It offers feedback on your writing style, helps to fix grammar and spelling errors.
- In addition to Chrome, extensions are available for all popular browsers like Firefox, Safari and Edge. This will help you to seamlessly work across devices anywhere.
- Check custom reports on your writing to get suggestions and optimize the copy.
- You can rewrite, summarize and optimize the content using AI Sparks.
You can use ProWritingAid for free with limitations like 500 word count and 10 rephrases per day limit or upgrade to a premium plan ($10 per month) for unlimited access.
5. Grammar Checker & Paraphraser – LanguageTool
The old version of this extension was discarded and make sure you are checking the new version in Chrome Web Store.
- LanguageTool AI Chrome extension helps to check your writing for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and style errors.
- AI Paraphrasing tool helps to rewrite and simplify your sentences.
- It supports over 30 languages like English, Spanish, German, Dutch, etc.
- Extension is available for Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox and you can install the app in iOS, macOS and Windows.
You can use LanguageTool for free or upgrade to a premium plan ($69.90 per year) for more features.
6. Wordtune – Generative AI Productive Platform
Wordtune has two Chrome extensions – Generative AI Productive Platform and AI Powered Summary Tool. The second one simply summarizes your content while the first one is what you need for assisting in your content marketing. AI Productive Platform offers the followings:
- Supports 10 language for translating to English.
- Rewrite your existing content or use AI writer to get new suggestions.
- Get the summary of long YouTube videos, PDF and online articles.
Like all other extensions, Wordtune’s free Chrome extension has limitations in using AI prompts and rewrites. You need to upgrade to $14.99 monthly plan for getting unlimited AI prompts, rewrites and summaries.
7. Sapling Grammar Checker and Writing Assistant
Sapling is a simple Chrome extension that helps to fix errors in your content intelligently using AI.
- Check spelling, grammar and rephrase your sentences for better readability.
- Write emails, messages and long documents.
- Create reusable Snippets to insert template messages.
Free plan comes with 20 Snippets and does not support suggestions and autocomplete. You need to upgrade to Pro plan which to get unlimited Snippets, AI detector and other features which will cost you $25 per month.
8. FlyMSG: AI Writer & Autofill Text Expander
This is LinkedIn focused AI tool that uses Google Bard and ChatGPT. You can do the followings with FlyMSG:
- Autofill Text Expander – create templates and insert anywhere from cloud.
- LinkedIn Post and Comments – generate posts and comments for LinkedIn using AI writing assistant.
- FlyLearning – learn sales and marketing skills to engage with your buyers on LinkedIn.
You need to upgrade to $11 per month Sales Pro plan to use unlimited access to templates and get 50 social media/email assistance per day.
9. Rytr – AI Powered Writing Assistant
Rytr Chrome extension offers AI based templates which you can use to fill basic details and generate customized content for your need.
- Set required tone, choose from one of the 30 templates and generate stunning content.
- Supports 30+ different languages.
- Easily generate blog posts, emails, social media content, product description/titles.
- The extension also uses plagiarism checker from Copyscape as a built-in tool.
Free plan restricts the usage to 10K characters per month while the premium Saver plan ($9 monthly) offers 100K limit and the Unlimited plan ($29 monthly) offers unlimited content generation.
10. TextCortex – Personal AI Assistant & AI Writer
This is the last extension in our list which uses AI to assist in your content creation process.
- Creator Suite – offers templates in various categories like blogging, email writing, social media, etc. You can choose one of the 60+ templates and save time in your workflow.
- Zeno Mode – this is a chat bot alternative to ChatGPT. You can simply enter the query in prompt and get responses.
- Toolbar – contains tools to access rewriting, text-to-speech, summarizing and other tools.
The free plan allows you to use 20 creations per day and you need to go for the Unlimited plan ($83.99) to get unlimited access.
Though some Chrome extensions offer AI writing assistance as an additional feature, most of them include AI in their base platform. This helps to use AI in various aspects like blog article writing, email creation, social media posting, ad generation and product description/title generation. As you see, most of the above listed extensions offer similar functions like checking errors in your documents and drafting emails for you. Therefore, make sure to use only one extension that you like and probably you need to purchase a premium plan for getting unlimited access. In addition, do not completely rely on AI output like sending AI drafted email to your boss or client and get fired. Make sure to always review the final content to add human touch and values as much as possible.