LinkedIn is the most popular social platform you can use for professional networking and finding jobs. Obviously, uploading the latest resume in your profile is the first thing you want to do before applying for jobs. The latest LinkedIn interface is confusing and do not offer an option to upload resume in profile section. If you are logging in after long time, here are the options to upload your resume in LinkedIn.
Uploading Resume in LinkedIn
You have two methods – either upload first from settings and then search the job or upload when applying for a job using “Easy Apply” option. Though the file should be a Word document (.doc or .docx format) or PDF in both methods, the different is that uploading through settings allows 5 MB size while the latter option restricts the file size to 2 MB limit.
1. Uploading Resume Beforehand
- Login to LinkedIn and click “Me” menu which shows your profile picture.
- Select “Settings & Privacy” option from the list.
- Navigate to “Data privacy” section from the left sidebar.
- Open “Job application settings” option showing under “Job seeing preferences” section.
- Scroll down and click “Upload resume” button showing below “Share my resume data with all recruiters” section.
- Select latest resume from your computer and upload in LinkedIn.
You can switch off sharing resume with recruiters’ option if you do not need. It is bit confusing why upload resume option is under this section when it can be disabled. If you have any previously uploaded resumes and turned on “Save uploaded resumes and answers to application questions”, LinkedIn will keep them and show the uploaded resume on top in the list.
2. Upload Resume When Using Easy Apply
Easy Apply is the feature in LinkedIn which allows you to use your profile date and apply for jobs without leaving the site. You can also upload resume when using Easy Apply option.
- Search and find the job and click “Easy Apply” button. You can also use “Easy Apply” filter to find the jobs quickly.
- If you have allowed, LinkedIn will automatically fill your email, phone number and click “Next” button.
- On the next screen, select any of your existing resumes or click “Upload resume” button and upload your latest resume.
- Click “Next” button to review your application with the uploaded resume and send to the job recruiter.
The uploaded file will be added in the resumes list in your profile if you have allowed saving resumes in job application settings. You can use it any time later when applying for other jobs.
When job searching is the primary objective of LinkedIn, it is not clear why resume upload option is in data privacy section and not from profile settings page. Anyway, that’s how it works with the latest interface.
Leave a Reply
Your email is safe with us.