Data is one of the most important assets in today’s digital world. Whether it is a collection of your photos, documents for a project, contacts or any type of data, it means something to a computer user. Unfortunately, data loss can happen to anyone and at any time, leaving a lasting impact on your productivity and finances.
You may lose data due to human errors such as accidentally deleting files, formatting your hard disk and many other actions that can corrupt your data. Viruses, malware, OS problems and physical damage to your hard disk are other causes of data loss. Luckily, there are various ways of recovering your lost data ranging from a simple system restore to use of advanced data recovery solutions. In this post, we will focus on how you can recover data from hard disk in Windows 10 using EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard.
Recovering Lost Data in Windows 10
If you find out that you have permanently deleted important data from hard drive, or your data files are corrupt, you should not panic and do things that could make the recovery harder.
- Restore the data from system restore point.
- If you enabled backing up data to external in Windows 10 settings try to restore it from that drive.
- If you have backed up your data in local storage or using cloud services, you can easily restore data from the backup.
However, you should have configured the system restore / backup / cloud storage options in advance. In addition, you can only recover files as at a specific point in time meaning you could still lose your most recent files.
If you do not have the backup or encounter problems with the backup data then you need to look for third-party tools to recover your data. One of the popular data recovery software on the market is EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. It can help you recover lost photos, videos, documents and other files in the event of disk formatting errors, lost partitions, Windows 10 crashes and malware/virus attacks.
How to Recover Lost Data Using EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard?
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a simple data recovery solution that helps you to restore data in a variety of data loss scenarios. The free version of the tool by default allows you to recover 500MB of data. You can share the tool on social medial to get additional 1.5GB of free data recovery thus making the maximum limit for the free version as 2GB. However, you can upgrade to the premium edition if you need to restore unlimited sizes of data.
- To get started, go to the official EaseUs data recovery software site and download the free Windows version.
- Install the tool on your Windows 10 machine.
- Launch the recovery wizard and click the “Start Now” button at the bottom of the interface.
- The resulting page will display or the hard disk drives on your computer. Select the affected drive and click “Scan”.
- If you want to scan the entire hard disk rather than a particular partition, select the disk with a star (*) label.
Step 1: Scanning the Hard Disk Drive
- Wait as the wizard scans your drive to identify deleted/lost files.
- The scan results are organized into different categories on the left side panel. You can click on an arrow to expand the category.
- At the bottom left corner of the wizard, you will see the number and size of the found files, remaining scan time and buttons to pause or stop the scanning process.
- The middle panel shows the file details including the dates, path as well as the size and type of the file.
Step 2: Preview Found Files
- At the top-right corner, just above the list of files, you can see 4 buttons. You can use the two buttons in the middle to switch between large icons and details view.
- Once the scan completes, browse through the found files to find what you want to recover. You can use the button on the far right to view the file in a preview pane or click the “Preview” button (first button) to preview in a pop-up window.
- To filter the found files, click the “Filter” menu and choose the filtering criteria. You can filter the files based on time, location, file type or use the “Advanced Filter” for more options.
Step 3: Recovering Lost and Found Data
- Select all the files you want to restore and then click the “Recover” button at the bottom of the wizard.
- A new dialogue window shows up prompting you to browse for a folder where you want to save the recovered files.
- You can use an existing folder or create a new one. Select the folder and click the “Ok” button.
- Once the wizard recovers the selected files, you will see a pop-up with the notification, “Recovery Completed!” and a link to the location where the files were saved.
- You can click the link to access the recovered files. Similar to hard disk, you can also recover formatted SD card, USB and macOS SSD drive.
Data loss can be both expensive and frustrating, especially if you don’t have an updated backup or the backup files are inaccessible. Fortunately, follow the above three basic steps to recover lost data using the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard (Free edition). For unlimited data recovery, you will have to upgrade to the premium version.
Leave a Reply
Your email is safe with us.