Weebly was a revenue sharing site which offers Google AdSense element to help users placing ads on their site and easily monetize their online content. AdSense element is available under “Commerce” category which allows you to create a new AdSense account and integrate it to your site seamlessly.
Currently Weebly removed the revenue sharing option and allows the publishers to get all 100% revenue from Google. You also have an option to use your existing AdSense account with Weebly.
Drag and drop Google AdSense element in your site content area as shown in the below picture to enable AdSense in your site.
How much Weebly deducts for Google AdSense?
Google has advertising partners for AdSense under revenue sharing agreement and they deduct certain portion of AdSense revenue from the publishers account for the service they provide. Weebly was one of such revenue sharing site and was deducting half of the revenue generated from your AdSense account that is 50/50.
When a user clicks an ad, Google pays 100% of the money to your account and the nothing is deducted by Weebly. Once you dropped “Google AdSense” element into your site content area, you will be prompted to authorize Weebly to integrate with your AdSense account.
You can either apply for new AdSense account or use your existing AdSense account details. After you enter the site details and submit the form, your application will be sent to Google for review and approval. Note your application will follow the standard AdSense approval process and Google does not have any special process for Weebly users.
How to integrate AdSense in Weebly Site without Revenue Sharing?
You can avoid revenue sharing with Weebly (if at all they continue the revenue sharing program again) by creating AdSense account separately and integrating it with “Embed Code” element in your Weebly site.
- Create your site or blog with Weebly (Learn More about Creating a free Weebly Site).
- Apply for AdSense approval. (Learn more about AdSense approval process)
- Once your AdSense account is approved by Google, log in to your Weebly account and select Edit button against the site in which you want to add your AdSense code.
- You will be taken to Weebly editor and under “More” category you can see a “Embed Code” element.
- Drag the embed code element into suitable place in your site content area. Paste your AdSense ad code into the element.
- Publish your site and you can see the Google Ads displayed in your site and you do not need to pay anything to Weebly.
Displaying and Customizing Weebly AdSense Ads
You will see a sample text ad in Weebly editor and a blank space in the published site till the time your application is approved by Google. It will take up to a week time for Google to review and respond to your application.
If Google approves your AdSense application then you can place ads in your site’s pages using AdSense element. You can customize palette and other ad settings directly from your Weebly site.