When people change the name, or their business name, usually they create a new email account. Are you switching to a new Gmail account, but still, want to get the previous emails? No problem. You can transfer all your previous emails to the new Gmail account. In this guide, we will show you how to do this.
Related: Track IP address of the real sender in Gmail.
Transfer Emails Between Gmail Accounts
Below are two methods through which you can transfer or use multiple Gmail account:
- Migrate the emails from the older account to a new account.
- Check emails of the older account from new account.
- Using multiple Gmail accounts in mobile app.
1. Importing Emails from Another Gmail Account
Google offers a migration service called ShuttleCloud which helps to move all emails from one Gmail account to another Gmail account. Let us explain how to use this feature between two Gmail accounts.
1.1 Importing Email Option
Login to your new Gmail account and follow the steps given below to use ShuttleCloud migration.
- Click on the ‘Gear’ icon on the top-right side.
- Select the ‘Settings’ option.
- Click on ‘Account and Import’ from the top menu.
- In front of ‘Import mail and contacts’ option, click on the ‘Import mail and contacts’ link.
1.2 Provide Permission to Access Old Email Account
- A new window will open up, enter the old email account in the input box shown. Click on ‘Continue’ button.
- It will redirect you to the Google’s login page. Sign-in again with your old account’s email ID and password.
- Click on ‘Allow’ button to give the permission for accessing the old account’s email.
- At last, it will say ‘Authentication successful’ and you will go back to the previous window.
1.3 Importing Content
- Now it will show you step2 as ‘Import options’.
- You can import contacts and emails from old Gmail account to the new account. If you only want to import emails, make sure to select ‘Import mail’ option.
- You can even import emails from the old account for the next 30 days. This is an useful option especially you want to permanently close the old email account.
- Click on ‘Start import’ button to migrate all your content to the new account.
Related: Setup GoDaddy domain email in iOS.
2. Checking Emails from Another Account
the above method helps to move the entire emails from one account to another including contacts. But sometimes you only want to check the emails of other account wihtout logging into it. If you want to check the emails of the old account from the new one, this will also be possible in Gmail. In this method, we will connect the two Gmail accounts. To do this follow the steps given below.
2.1 Check Pop Server
First of all, make sure that the pop server in your old account has configured properly.
- Go to the old account and open ‘Settings’.
- Click on ‘Forwarding and POP/IMAP’ from the top.
- In ‘Pop Download’ section, choose the ‘Enable POP for all mail’ option.
- When messages are accessed with POP, select the ‘Archive Gmail’s copy’ or any other option according to your requirement.
- Make sure to save the configuration by clicking on the ‘Save’ button.
2.2 Check Email from Other Account
- Sign-in to your new account.
- Go to ‘Settings’ from the ‘Gear’ icon as shown in the previous method.
- Click on ‘Accounts and Import’ tab.
- In front of ‘Check mail from other accounts’, click on ‘Add an email account’ link.
2.3 Adding Another Gmail Account
- Again, a new popup will open up, enter the ‘Email address’ of your previous account. Click on ‘Next’ button.
- Make sure the ‘Import emails from my other account (POP3)’ option is selected.
- Check the ‘Username’ and enter the Gmail password. Make sure the ‘pop.gmail.com’ server and port 995 is selected.
- Except the ‘Leave a copy of retrieved message on the server’ option, make sure all other options have selected.
- Click on ‘Add Account’. Authorize yourself again if the two-factor authentication has enabled in your account.
2.4 Sending Email As
Now that you have added two accounts under one interface. You can choose to send emails from both the account. To enable this, at the end of adding account, select the ‘Yes, I want to be able to send mail as’ option and click on the ‘Finish’ button.
3. Using Multiple Gmail Accounts in Mobile Apps
Using multiple Gmail accounts is very easy on mobile devices. Google’s iOS and Android apps allow you to add multiple Gmail accounts in one app. You can switch the account within the app and check emails. Below is ho you can setup multiple Gmail accounts in iOS app.
- Open Gmail app and tap on the three horizontal lines on top left.
- Tap on the small arrow shown next to your account email and then select ‘Manage accounts’.
- Tap on ‘Add account’.
- Choose ‘Google’ to add Gmail account. You can also add other email services like iCloud, Outlook, Yahoo! etc.
- Add Gmail account by login with your email and password.
Once you add additional account, tap on the three horizontal lines (hamburger) menu to switch between the accounts.
Leave a Reply
Your email is safe with us.