Outlook is a Microsoft’s email service used all over the world. People use it for personal and office purposes sending emails to friends, family, colleagues and teammates. Email is a primary source of communication, especially in companies. In such scenario, reading unnecessary and spam emails always cause waste of time and productivity. Fortunately Outlook offers filtering functions so that you can filter any email, no matter where it’s coming from. So if you want automatically to send all emails from a particular sender to a specific folder then it’s possible too. In this article, let us explain how can you do that.
How to Automatically Send Emails to Specific Folder in Outlook?
Now for this guide, we explain with Microsoft Outlook in Windows 10 platform. There are two ways through which you can send emails to a specific folder. One is by creating a rule for it automatically. The second one is creating a rule manually for it. To do this, follow the instructions given below:
1. Creating a Rule Automatically
Outlook allows the automatic way of arranging the emails in two ways. One is to move all conversation from the sender and other is to move based on subject.
1.1 Move All Conversation from a Sender
- First of sign-in to your Windows Outlook application.
- Open an email from the sender for which you want to get the emails in a specific folder.
- Then, from the top menu, click on ‘Move’ and then choose the option ‘Always move messages in this conversation’.
- Click on ‘New’ button form the right-side of the popup.
- Type the ‘Name’ and click ‘OK’.
- Click ‘OK’ again.
1.2 Move Based on Subject Content
If you want your emails to be received in a folder for any particular subject. Then do the following steps:
- Open an email and click on ‘Rules’ from the top.
- Choose ‘Create rule’.
- In the popup, check on ‘From xxxxxxx’ option.
- Write a particular ‘Subject contains’ (For example. Facebook).
- Under ‘Do the following’ section, you can ‘Play a selected sound’ option.
- Check on ‘Move the item to folder’ and select the folder by browsing it.
- Then, click ‘OK’.
After the completion of these steps, an automatic rule will set. From now on, whenever you’ll receive an email from this sender, it will be directly coming to this folder. You can look emails of this folder directly from the left-side menu.
Related: Fix slow Outlook problem.
2. Creating a Rule Manually
Similar to automatic rules, you can also create rules manually with specific conditions. In order to create a rule manually with typical conditions, follow the steps given below:
- Open your Outlook and click on ‘Rules’ from the top.
- Click on ‘Manage Rules & Alerts’.
- Select the ‘New rule’ option from the top.
- Under ‘Start from a blank rule’, choose the ‘Apply rules on messages I receive option’.
- Click on ‘Next’. Now, select the conditions for your rule.
- Check on ‘With specific words in the sender’s address’ and click on ‘Specific words’ link from the bottom section.
- Type any ‘Name’ (It could be the sender’s name) in the first block and click on ‘Add’ button. Click ‘OK’.
- Click on ‘Next’ button. Now, select a rule for what to do with this message.
- Check ‘Move it to the specific folder’.
- From the bottom section, click on ‘Specified’ link.
- Click on ‘New’ button and give your folder a name.
- Click ‘OK’ and then ‘OK’ again.
- Check the option ‘Stop processing more rules’. After this, it will stop processing further rules on this message.
- In the end, click on ‘Finish’ button.