How to Remove Objects from Image in Windows 10?
In our earlier article, we have explained how to create transparent background image with Paint 3D. However, sometimes you may be interested in removing an object on the image without distorting the background of the picture. You can do this also with Paint 3D. Let us explain how to remove objects from images in this article.
Here we have two images – we will remove the moon from first image and paste on the second image without distorting the background of both the images.
Removing Object from Image with Paint 3D
- Right click on the image and choose “Open with > Paint 3D” to open the image in Paint 3D app.
- Click on the “Select” option below the “Menu”
- Draw a selection around the moon object using free hand.
- Click on the “Magic select” option, which will automatically select the precise object moon object by hiding the background.
- Click on “Add” button to draw additional portion on the picture to include in the selection. Similarly, click on “Remove” button and select the portion to remove your selection. Generally, Paint 3D will precisely select the object and you do no need to add or remove any portions from the selection.
- Check the “Autofill background” option and click on “Done” button. Paint 3D will automatically apply the background for the selected object similar to the image background.
- Now, you can move the moon object freely to any portion on the image without disturbing the background of the image.
- Press “Control + X” to cut the object and remove it from your image.
- Save your image without the object that looks like original.
Pasting Object On Other Image
Open the second image on which you want to paste the moon object cut from the previous image. Press “Control + V” to paste the object from your clipboard.
Move the object where you want to place and save your image. The image will look original without any distortion to the background color with the moon.
Removing Object Using Paint
You can also use Paint app (instead of Paint 3D) to insert objects on images. However, you have to draw the contour manually to select the object without magic select option. In addition, you cannot remove the object without disturbing the background.
- Right click on the image and select “Open with > Paint” to open the image in Paint app.
- On the Paint app, click on “Select” and enable “Transparent selection” option.
- Again, click on “Free-form selection” and draw the contour around the moon object.
- This will be a tedious task to exactly draw the line around a circle object using mouse. When the starting and ending points connect, Paint will show a selection around the object as a square.
- Now, you can move the object or press “Control + X” to cut the object to your clipboard.
As you can see, the background is not automatically filled like Paint 3D. You can use “Fill” tool to fill up the background. However, if that disturbs the image, you should not save the original image and close it.
Pasting Object on Other Image
Now, open another image on which you want to paste the object. Simply, press “Control + V” to paste the moon on the new image. Make sure you have selected “Transparent selection” before pasting the image.
Move the object to required place and save your image.
There are many picture editor tools available for removing the objects from images. However, you have to install the app or process the image online for that. We recommend using Paint 3D which is easier and safer option that you can do for free.