6 Android Apps that Make Your Smartphones Versatile
Regardless of the manufacturer, all latest Android smartphones have many useful apps available in Google Play Store. Besides using the smartphone for the basic tasks like calling, messaging and playing games, you should also make use of those apps. These apps can improve the functionality of your smartphone thus improving your productivity. In this article, let us explore 6 Android apps that make your smartphone versatile.
1. Better Open With
When you have multiple apps for the same purpose, Android will ask you to choose the preferred app for doing that action. For example, tapping on a hyperlink will show the “Complete Action With…” pop-up with all browser apps on your Phone. Better Open With app exactly does the same thing with visually appealing pop-up. It manages default application handler when you tap on a file and show a list of apps that can do that task. Using Better Open With app, you can manage defaults apps for opening each file type. The app will be useful in the following cases:
- When you use multiple browsers to open different links.
- Always open photos in one app for viewing and edit the phots with another app.
Better Open With is a free app without any advertisements. Therefore, we highly recommend you give it a try.
2. Flynx – Read the Web Smartly
Flynx is a great app for reading the web smartly. It helps you to open links and webpages in the background without leaving your current active app. The webpage will float as a small button and you can access all the tapped links anytime. It’s very useful when using social apps like Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, WhatsApp, etc. The app also offers the many additional features:
- Tap on multiple links to collect them in background.
- Double tap to save the links for future reading. You can even access the saved content offline without internet connection.
- It offer s distraction free reading by removing the advertisements on the page.
The app is available over 15 popular languages and frees you from the hassle of having to switch between apps manually.
3. MacroDroid – Device Automation
MacroDroid is a useful app for getting things done automatically with your Android smartphone. It helps to automate the manual task you do as a routine. For example, if you switch on the music when you enter your home back from office, you can setup a trigger and configure actions to do this automatically. MacroDroid app will create macros for each workflow and automate the workflow when triggered. With this app, you can make your phone smarter to make your life smoother.
- Beginners can follow the setup wizard to create macros and get help from others using the forum. Alternatively, users can choose the macros from the pre-defined templates.
- Advanced users can use scripts and variables to apply multiple conditions in the workflow.
The free app allows you to create up to 5 macros and you can upgrade to premium version for unlimited use.
4. Nova Launcher
Sometimes looking at the same home screen on your Android smartphone will make you bored. Though you can use different wallpapers, it will not help you to improve the productivity. Nova Launcher is a customizable app that gives your home screen a fresh and pleasant look. The launcher comes with multiple customization features to create visual appearance that you desire. There are useful time-saving aspects that will make your life easier.
- Add shortcuts and widgets on the home screen to access something that’s normally accomplished with two or more taps.
- You will have control on the looks of your smartphones.
- It has custom icons, app drawer, dark theme and night mode options.
5. Pie Control
Accessibility is one of the major concerns when using smartphones with small screen. Pie Control is one of the popular apps that helps you use the accessibility services on Android phones. You will get a pie-shaped interface that’s filled with navigation buttons, shortcuts and other objects that you can interact with.
- When using important functions, you can simply minimize the pop-up.
- You can access different functions using the Pie Control app, which otherwise needs you to navigate through different screens.
- You can place quick shortcuts and buttons for your favorite apps with Pie Control to access them quickly.
6. Universal Copy
Generally, you can copy the text content from any app by long pressing and selecting in Android phones. Unfortunately, many apps will not allow you to copy the text within the app. In such a case, Universal Copy can help to grab the content. This app also uses Android accessibility service to copy the content from other apps. Therefore, after installation you need to activate the accessibility service for the app under “Settings > Accessibility”.
- Open any app from which you want to copy the text.
- Open notification drawer and enable “Activate Universal Copy mode”.
- You can see all text content in light blue, tap on the text to highlight and copy.
The premium Universal Copy Plus app has additional feature to copy text from images using character recognition technology (OCR).
There are around 4 million apps Android apps available in Google Play store. In this situation, finding a useful app is a daunting task. We hope you can try the above listed apps and make your Android smartphone more versatile.