You may have shifted from a Mac device to a Windows PC or you adore the macOS interface and its simplicity to navigate. MacOS dock is highly customizable, therefore keeping your device easy to use and free from clutter. Taskbar is an inseparable part of Windows OS, however missing the charm of Dock in Mac. Multiple third-party developers have designed Mac like docks for Windows users. Vice versa, users willing to use Windows interface in macOS also have the options. In this article, we have compiled a list of applications on how to add a Mac like dock in Windows PC. They may be paid or free, depending on the purpose of use.
Mac Like Dock for Windows PC
Most of the applications have copied the macOS interface, and others have added several customization options. You can install these apps and run on your Windows desktop or laptop like any other program.
ObjectDock software is one of the first Mac dock programs developed for Windows. It is a product of Stardock developed alongside other productivity tools. Its fancy and fully customizable interface makes it stand out from the rest. Just like the Mac dock, it gives quick access to your applications and files. Equally important, you can enable auto-hide of the dock and locate it by moving the mouse over its position.
Here are the few features of ObjectDock.
- Easy to use settings page that you can use to create a smart interface easy to access using multiple docks.
- Show dots under running applications, show all running applications or show minimized windows.
- Add quick shortcuts for email, music player or document editor.
- You can customize effects, color, position, and the size of the dock.
- Create and easily customize tabbed docks of your applications and files.
- Enjoy the fancy animated effects of icons.
- Customize your dock with large number of available skins or download additional skins.
- You can easily drag and drop the applications to launch.
- Add magnification with different effects similar to Mac Dock when hovering mouse over the items.
- Enable loading the dock at startup and disable Windows taskbar.
- ObjectDock also allows you to add custom widgets called Docklets. You can add a search box and start typing the keywords right from the dock. It will open Google or the set search engine with your default browser.
Currently, it comes with a 30-day free trial version and around $6 for the paid version. Although it is not yet modified to support Windows 10, it worked well for us. It works best with Windows 7 and 8.
2. Winstep Nexus
Winstep Nexus dock is free for personal use, but there is the ultimate package with additional features. It supports all Windows versions ranging from Windows 2000 version to Windows 10 version. It is one of the continually developed dock software receiving updates frequently.
Have a look at some of the Winstep Nexus free version features.
- Extensive customization capabilities ranging from the docking behavior, magnification size, set hotkeys to run Winstep Nexus features et cetera.
- Built-in clock alarm to help you run your errands in a scheduled manner. However, the free version comes with a one alarm clock support with the Nexus ultimate having unlimited alarms and task scheduler support.
- It is configurable with multiple monitors and high DPI support, meaning you can place the docks in any section of the screens.
- It’s capable of running all UWP apps for Windows 10 and other previous versions ordinarily.
- It is a smooth replacement of the system tray and taskbar capable of displaying all applications either one by one or in a group.
- For visual captivation, the Nexus free version supports built-in animated icons. They are easy to use with a drag and drop support to any position of the screen.
You can launch the software to try it out for fully customizable Mac experience in your Windows PC.
3. XWindows Dock
Maybe you want a fully packed dock with fewer customization. XWindows Dock is easy to use, but it is not feature-packed. The dock interface is a complete clone of the Mac OS dock. You can add icons and remove them as you wish, but it is not as fancy as the Winstep Nexus dock.
XWindows Dock is entirely free and supported by almost all Windows versions. It worked well in our Windows 10, but the problem came in its positioning. You have to hide the taskbar for it to be visible. Also, you have to reduce the dock size for it to display the dock apps fully.
It is almost a decade since its last update, which means in case of any other release, the software may be faulty. Meanwhile, if you are looking for a simple dock for your PC, then XWindows will serve you well.
4. Aqua Dock
Improve your productivity using this free and simple yet fully functional dock application. Spruce up your Windows PC looks without installing a new theme. Besides, you can launch your apps quickly.
When setting up, you can leave the dock floating over the taskbar or choose to hide the taskbar. Also, you can move it to whichever position of the screen you wish. The dock can be made transparent to appear only when needed. Make it visible on one monitor only in case you are using many.
Aqua Dock icons are animated and can enlarge when highlighted. Further, the dock can be resized by just moving the window margins. To add custom icons on the dock, drag, and drop, and it will be configured with its added icon. Aqua Dock is ideal to use for Windows XP or later.
RocketDock is another super easy Mac-like dock configurable with your Windows PC. Although it has been neglected in terms of updates for many years, users still love it. If you were after a free dock, then RocketDock should work out for you.
Apart from being a basic dock, it has multiple customization features. You can customize the application icons, the font style, and the positioning of the dock. You can make it float or hide and locate it by moving the cursor over its position.
Despite it being a bit outdated, it is supported by multiple Windows versions. In our Windows 10 PC, it worked just fine. Users who need extra skins can opt to use ObjectDock skins that are easily compatible. It is not the one for you if you are looking for a fancy dock.
Add Mac Like Dock in Windows PC
Now you can proceed to add a Mac-like dock in your Windows PC and break the Windows monotony. We have selected the best options available either for personal or professional use. All the docks listed are suitable for you who are looking for a paid or an unpaid alternative.
Leave a Reply
Your email is safe with us.