There are thousands of free and paid apps are available in iOS App Store. Reviews and ratings section is the first thing I normally look before installing an app. Though reviews are useful in general, some apps will frequently push a pop-up to review and give feedback. If you never leave a review and do not want apps to bug you with review request, here is how you can disable app review and rating in iPhone. In addition, I will also explain how you can delete or edit previously left reviews/ratings on any apps.
Stopping Apps from Asking Review/Rating
- Open Settings app and go to “App Store” section.
- Scroll down and disable “In-App Ratings & Reviews” option.
This will disable all the downloaded apps on your iPhone from asking for review or rating.
Deleting Previously Left Reviews/Ratings in iPhone
Sometimes things change over course of time. You might have left 5-star review for old version of an app. However, the latest app update might have ruined your pleasant experience and you want to delete the previously left 5-star review and comment. In this case, here is how you can do that.
- Open Settings app and navigate to “App Store” section.
- Scroll down to bottom of the page and tap on “Personalized Recommendations” option.
- This will take you to the App Store, scroll down and tap on
Ratings and Reviews” section.
- Here you can view all your previously left ratings and reviews.
- Swipe left on the app you want to delete the review/rating and select “Remove” option.
- You will see a message showing that the rating or review will be removed within 24 hours.
Deleting Reviews and Rating from App Store
You can also reach the ratings/reviews section directly from the App Store to delete the reviews.
- First, open App Store and tap on your account profile picture showing on top right corner.
- This will open your Apple account details and tap on “Personalized Recommendations” option.
- On the next page, tap on “Ratings & Reviews” option.
- Swipe left on any app review/rating and select “Remove” to delete it.
- You will see a confirmation message that the rating/review will be deleted within 24 hours on the app details page.
Editing Reviews and Rating from App Page
Instead of deleting the review/rating completely, you can also edit and change the previously left comment/rating. For example, you can change from 5-star to 1-star or vice versa and edit the review text you left.
- Open App Store and open the app details page.
- Scroll down to “Ratings & Reviews” section.
- If you have only left the rating previously without any review, simply tap on the stars to provide a new rating.
- You will see a “Submitted – Thanks for your feedback” message flashes and your new rating will be updated. You can check this on your App Store “Ratings and Reviews” section as explained above.
- For editing the previously left comment, tap on “Write a Review” link.
- This will show your previous rating and review. Tap on the stars to change the rating and edit the title/review text.
- Tap on “Send” to submit the updated review.