By default, Windows 11 shows a clock at the right corner of the taskbar. It shows date/time and clicking on it will show the notification center. This is not sufficient when you need to know the current time on different cities. It maybe for coordinating your work, contacting your family members or for watching some sports events. In previous articles, I have explained how to add multiple time zone clocks in Windows 10 and Mac. Since Windows 11 has different interface, here are some of the ways to add multiple clocks in Windows 11 PC.
Methods to Add Multiple Clocks in Windows 11
Follow one of the below methods depending upon the type of clock and the way you want to access.
#1. Using Windows 11 Settings App
This is an easy way to add two additional clock display on top of the existing taskbar clock. Though it is a simple text display, you do not need to use any apps and is also easy to access.
- Right-click on the taskbar clock and select “Adjust date and time” menu.
- This will take you to “Time & language > Date & time” section in Settings app. Scroll down to bottom of the page and click on “Additional clocks” option showing under “Related links” section.
- It will open “Date and Time” dialog box and you will see options to add two additional clocks under “Additional Clocks” tab.
- Enable first “Show this clock” checkbox option and select the time zone from the dropdown. After that provide the name for your clock like the city name so that you can understand easily. For example, I select UTC+0 time zone and give the display name as London.
- Similarly, select the second “Show this clock” checkbox and provide the details. I select UTC+4 time zone and enter the name as Santiago.
- Click “Apply” and “OK” buttons to save your changes.
- Now, simply hover your mouse over the taskbar clock and you will see all three clocks (local time, London and Santiago).
- You can also click the clock on taskbar to see additionally created clocks (London and Santiago) just above the Focus setting box.
#2. Using Windows 11 Clock App
Though the above method is simple, the problem is that the text display is too small and there are no options to increase the clock’s text size. You can only increase the text size of the entire system and not only for the clocks. So, the next option is to use the default Clock app which has better user interface and visual map to show unlimited additional clocks.
- Search and open Clock app.
- The app has multiple options like timer, alarm, stopwatch and go to “World Clock” option. It will show your current city’s clock by default along with a pin on the map.
- Click on the + icon showing on bottom right corner to open “Add new location” pop-up. Type the name of another city that you want to add and select it from the list.
- Click “Add” button to add the clock below the map. You will see a sun or moon symbol in front of the added clock indicating the city’s current time is in night or day. You can also see the visual shadow on the map indicating the night time zones.
- Similarly, you can add multiple city clocks and view them all in single place.
- After adding all your clocks, click the “Compare” icon showing left to pencil icon.
- The comparison shows the hourly time zone chart for all the added cities. You can change the date or scroll on the time bar to compare any other specific time / date.
- If you want to remove the city from the list, first click the edit pencil icon. You will see a trash icon in front of the added clocks and click on it to remove the item. After finishing, click the tick mark icon to keep the remaining clocks in the list.
#3. Using WorldOClock App
The last option is to a third-party app called WorldOClock to add multiple clocks in Windows 11.
- Open Microsoft Store and search for “world clock”.
- Find and install WorldOClock app.
- After installation, open the app and click + icon showing on bottom right corner. Type the city name in the search box and press enter or click the lens icon. This will show results and select the city from the list.
- Selected city’s clock will be added under “Clocks” section in the app.
- You can navigate to “Convert” and “Settings” sections to convert time between time zones change the appearance to dark theme. For removing the clock, simply right click on it and select “Delete the clock” option.
Note that “Pin the clock” option though works in Windows 11 to add the tile in Start menu, it does not show the time. It will be useful on Windows 10 Start menu where it can show the time on the tile.
Using default Windows Settings app is the easy way to add two more clocks in the taskbar. Alternatively, you can use the World Clock option in Clock app for better visual appearance. If in-built options do not work for you, then try third-party apps like WorldOClock to have unlimited clock tiles in single place. If you prefer to use Clock or third-party app, it’s a good idea to pin the app to taskbar for quick access.
Leave a Reply
Your email is safe with us.