Weebly Form Options for Pro and Free Users
Users can add two type of forms in their Weebly websites:
- Contact Form
- RSVP Form
In this article we will discuss in detail about the options available to customize these forms for free and Pro users. Contact form is the simple solution to allow the users to contact you or get feedback from the users. You can get any other type of responses using RSVP form (stands for “Répondez S’il Vous Plaît” in French with the meaning “Please Respond).
Once you added a form to your site’s content area then the elements in the editor’s sidebar will automatically change to form fields. Each field can be added to both type of forms with the option to customize each field separately. Both contact form and RSVP form will have same set of form fields as below:
- Short Text Box
- Long Text Box
- Radio Button for choosing single option
- Checkbox for choosing multiple options
- Dropdown box
- Name contains first and last name text boxes
- Phone Number
- File Upload option for Pro users only
You can choose the email id to which the form is to be submitted so that whenever the user submits the form you will get an instant email notification from Weebly. In addition to that you also can set a text message or link of the page to be shown to the users after form submission. For example, you can create a “Thank You” page and link it in the form, so that the users will see the thank you page content after submitting the form.
Free Vs Pro User Options
Both free and Pro users of Weebly can add forms to their website with the following differences.
- Pro users can enable the file upload option in Forms which allows the user to upload images and documents as part of filling the form. For example if you have a site offering a service then users can easily fill the complaint form with the screenshot uploaded using contact form.
- Pro users can add the form to the site footer whereas free users are not allowed to modify the footer. (Learn more about multiple column footer for free users).
- You can also add any embeddable forms available in the net using embed code element.