Playing games is one of the primary tasks almost all smartphone users do. Whether you are a kid, youngster or aged, playing your favorite game can easily make you refreshed. Google introduced a special Game Dashboard for gamer to do various things while playing. This is a new feature released with Android 12 and here is how to use Game Dashboard on your phone.
Android Game Dashboard
Game Dashboard is a floating icon appears on the screen while playing the game. It helps to do the followings:
- Take screenshots conveniently
- Record game videos
- Stream gameplay to YouTube
- Count frames per second (FPS)
- Toggle Do Not Disturb mode
- Optimize your device for the gaming.
As mentioned, this is a new feature available as part of Android 12 and mostly available with Google Pixel series. You may just need to wait for the upgrade if your phone and the games you play could not support this.
Enable Game Dashboard in Android 12
It is a tricky task to turn on game dashboard on Android 12.
- Start a game and go to “Settings > Notifications > Do Not Disturb > Schedules” section.
- Check on the “Gaming” schedule and press the gear wheel next to it.
- On the “Game settings” page, toggle the “Game Dashboard” if it is in the off state.
- Now bring your game to the front. You will see a small arrow near the edge of your mobile screen.
- The Game Dashboard icon will appear on the screen if you press the arrow.
If the Game Dashboard icon does not appear, turn the Gaming off and then turn it on again on the “Schedules” page while the game is still on. Alternatively, you can directly go to the “Do Not Disturb” menu by long-pressing it in the quick access settings after swiping two fingers from the top of your mobile screen. From here you can access “Schedules” section.
Using Game Dashboard on Android
Once you enable the Game Dashboard, now a floating icon will show on the screen. Tapping the icon will show the dropdown of available features. Some features will keep you on the same screen while others will take you to the dashboard screen.
- Screenshot: Want to take a screenshot of your achievement or get a quick glimpse of the current situation? Though you can use Android screenshot function, using Game Dashboard is much more convenient. Simply press the screenshot icon to save capture the screen and save it your phone.
- Screen recording: When you want to start screen recording while playing the game, press screen recording button. The screen recording dialog box will appear to select the audio recording. Once done, the screen recording will start. You can use this feature to record your game for referring later or sharing with others.
- FPS: Press this icon and a small box will appear with the Dashboard icon to show you the Frames per second. You can see this in real-time while playing the gaming without going to another screen.
- Do Not Disturb: Pressing this button will conveniently toggle the Do Not Disturb function without going to the quick access settings.
- YouTube Live: This option will let you stream your gameplay directly to YouTube.
- Optimization: This feature will let you optimize your device for games like changing frame rates.
Note that some features may not be available depending on your device. Also, different brands of Android phones are introducing Game Dashboard features with other names. If the options are looking different on your phone, check the operating or instruction manual of your phone for further details.
Manage Game Dashboard Floating Icon
The Game Dashboard floating on the screen while playing game can easily annoy many users. There are three ways you can handle this.
- First, you can put your finger on the icon and move it anywhere on the screen where it won’t bother you.
- Second, you can push it to the edge of the screen, where it will become a small arrow and won’t disturb you.
- Finally, you can disable the Game Dashboard and enable it only when playing the game. In the latest Android 12, the Game Dashboard icon will disappear after some time of exiting the game. So, for the next gameplay session, you have to turn it on.