Weebly offers hundreds of inbuilt beautiful themes for your site and you can customize the templates to suit your site’s requirement further. Under “Design” tab of Weebly editor choose “Change Theme” option to see various themes classified under different categories for selection. You have the following options during the theme selection:
- Sort and view the themes by category
- Choose the colour for your theme
- Preview the theme before choosing it for your site
- Import your own theme
- View your custom themes
Customizing Your Theme
Once you have chosen your theme you have the following options to customize it:
- Change the font style, colour, weight, line height and size of the site elements in Header, Footer and Content area.
- You can also customize font for Media elements like Image captions, Gallery captions and Slideshow captions.
- Enable Header elements like Search Box, Social Icons and Phone Number (Note Search Box is a Weebly Pro element).
- Edit your source HTML/CSS and see instant preview of your site.
One of the biggest reason users prefer Weebly is that the full access and control over the site’s HTML/CSS. This makes very easy for the webmasters enable countless features in your site or even you can upload your own theme for your site. You can access your site’s source HTML/CSS by clicking on the “Edit HTML/CSS” button available under “Design” tab.
Following are the options available for you in the Weebly HTML/CSS code editor:
- Change the name of your theme by clicking on the Rename link
- Access main CSS and add styles and format your layouts
- Customizing the existing page layouts and adding a new page layout of your own
- Check the existing files and upload your own file
- Export the current Weebly theme
- Edit your source HTML and check the preview instantly
- Check the documentation and see the preview in a new window
Have things changed since January? I see not “DESIGN” tab.