After a try out phase Weebly removed the old editor interface and rolled out the new interface without the option of switching. Here is the discussion on various changes with Weebly’s new site editor.
1. Site Elements
2. Weebly Site Planner
Site planner is a useful tool introduced by Weebly which provides various assistance in setting up the goals for creating your site, helping to build your sites and helping to grow your site.
3. Editor Tab
Editor tab is removed in the editor and added as an option under Settings tab.
4. Free Mobile Site Builder
The much awaited mobile site builder is introduced with limited functionalities
- Desktop and mobile sites can be edited in the same editor
- You can customize mobile themes, site header and the theme colour
- Preview your mobile site iPhone and Android phone views
- Auto sync between mobile and desktop site
What really missing here is a mobile editor for changing the source HTML/CSS code and mobile specific elements. This means you can’t build a mobile app for your site instead just convert your desktop site into a mobile version with minimal customization.
5. Additional Options
Following are some of the additional options enhanced in the new interface:
- You can edit your site in the full screen view
- You can access Site Statistics directly from your editor
- Under Pages menu, advanced settings is shown in the same page instead of opening in the new window
- Google Checkout option is enabled for ecommerce in addition to the existing PayPal
- The copy of archived backups are available for download in the new interface
Leave a Reply
Your email is safe with us.