You will see a metro screen in Windows 8 whenever starting your computer. On the metro screen, you can see a box provided for accessing the desktop. You can click or touch the box to reach desktop. However, this is a tedious process for those who are used to see the desktop immediately after booting. In this short article, we will explain how to get direct desktop access in Windows 8.1.
Get Direct Desktop Access in Windows 8.1
Microsoft provided a fix to the desktop access problem in Windows 8 where you can directly access your desktop like previous Windows versions. Follow the below steps to set direct desktop boot access in Windows 8.1.
- Log on to your Windows 8.1 PC or laptop.
- When you are in the desktop, right-click on the taskbar.
- Choose the “Properties” option from the context menu.
- You will see a pop-up window for “Taskbar and Navigation Properties” as shown below.
- Go to “Navigation” tab.
- Click the check box against the option “When I sign in or close all apps on a screen, go to the desktop instead of Start” under “Start screen” section.
Next time when you boot your computer, you will reach the desktop directly.