Screen wallpaper is the first thing you see whenever on the lock screen or home screen. Using energetic wallpaper gives a refreshing look to your phone as well as reflects your personality. However, an animated wallpaper goes beyond the still wallpaper and cheers you up whenever you look at the phone. In this article, we will explain how to use video wallpapers in Android to keep a dynamic wallpaper.
Android Live Wallpaper Feature
On Apple iPhone, you can easily take live photos with the camera and use as your wallpapers. Android also offers a feature called “Live wallpaper” which facilitates a video wallpaper on your home screen and lock screen. However, you need third-party apps to avail this feature on your phone. You can either use your own video as wallpaper or have a collection of photos to set as video wallpaper. Follow the below instructions to check whether you Android phone supports live wallpaper:
- Long press the empty screen area of the home screen.
- Choose “Wallpaper & style” from the pop-up menu.
- Now touch the “Change wallpaper” hyperlink to open the list of types of wallpapers.
- Find “Live wallpapers, ” usually showing at the end of the list.
- If this option is available in the list, your Android phone supports live wallpapers with third party apps.
Here are some of the popular apps that help you to setup live wallpapers in Android.
1. Live Backgrounds & Lockscreen – LiveWall
“Live Backgrounds & Lockscreen – LiveWall” is one of the simplest apps available for free in Google Play store. Install the app and run to see the list of video wallpapers. Choose the item you like and set it as wallpaper in your phone.
- If you want to use your own video, touch the gear icon at the upper right corner of the app.
- Select “Choose a custom video” from the resulting menu.
- Find the desired video, set the speed level, turn on or off audio, and apply it as wallpaper on the next screen.
2. Video Live Wallpaper
If you want more control over your video wallpapers, like setup starting and ending times, then “Video Live Wallpaper” is the app you need to look for. Once you install it, run the app, and the main interface will assist you in choosing your favorite video. You can set the start and endpoints of your video, and only that portion will display on your phone screen. You can disable the audio and set scale fitting settings.
3. Live Wallpapers and Background
If you are looking for a professional collection of video wallpapers and more customization options, then “Live Wallpapers and Background” is one of the best apps for this intention.
- The main interface of the app contains a comprehensive list of wallpapers under different categories.
- This app has a massive collection of animated wallpapers.
- You can add wallpapers to your favorite list and set the changing time as per your desire.
- Moreover, you can use photos and videos from your device to set them as video wallpapers.
- There is a button in the lower right corner for the automatic wallpaper change feature over time.
- Open the setting menu in the upper left corner to use videos on your phone and change the settings.
4. Set TikTok Videos as Video Wallpapers in Android
TikTok is a popular short-duration-video sharing app containing excellent videos of different genres. If you like one of those videos, follow the following steps to set a TikTok video as your home screen or lock screen wallpaper.
- Open the TikTok app on your phone and find the video you want to set as your wallpaper.
- Touch the “Share” arrow on the right side of the screen.
- Scroll the list and select “Set as Wallpaper” from the list.
- The TikTok app will ask you to install a wallpaper plugin necessary to use TikTok videos as your video wallpapers. Hit the install button to install the plugin.
- The next screen will take you to Google Play store, where you can install TickTock Video Wallpaper for TikTok app.
- Once the plugin is installed, go back to the TikTok video, and hit the share arrow on the right side.
- The next screen will show you the preview after downloading with a button at the bottom to set this video as wallpaper.
- Once you hit the set wallpaper button, it will ask whether you want to set it as only the home screen wallpaper or both for the home screen and lock screen.
- Once done, the TikTok video will appear as video wallpaper on your phone screen.
TikTok has a lot of free and cool videos which you can set as your video wallpapers, but it does not allow you to set your videos saved on your phone as video wallpaper.
At this point, you can use one of the third-party apps explained above to use live and video wallpapers in Android. However, some phone manufacturers like Samsung provide the video wallpaper feature directly in gallery app. You can open the video in the gallery, touch the three-dots icon and see if “Set as wallpaper” is present in the menu. Video wallpapers can spice up your phone’s look and your energy level. The only problem is that setting a video wallpaper will increase the consumption of your phone’s battery.