Hello bar is a free web toolbar helps you to increase user engagement in your site. This is especially useful in the following scenarios:
- Offering discount for particular products, when clicked on the button users will be taken to that special discount page.
- Display a splash news to attract user’s attention.
- Drive traffic to any specific pages in your site.
- Collecting subscriber’s email addresses and sync up with MailChimp, AWeber and Campaign Monitor.
This article explains step by step process of how to add Hello Bar in Weebly site or on a specific page of your Weebly site with the example of driving traffic to a specific page.
Adding Site in Hello Bar
- Open hellobar.com site in a browser
- Enter your site URL in the text box
- Click on “Create Your First Bar” button
Later you need to register for an account in order to access your account and edit the bar.
Next step is to define your goal and Hello bar offers two goal options: Drive traffic to a page or Collect emails from the subscribers. Select “Drive Traffic” option and define the goal URL which will be displayed when a user clicks on the Hello bar button. You have an option to display the bar on all pages of your site or exclude URLs to prevent displaying Hello bar on those specific pages.
Customizing Hello Bar
Enter attractive message to be displayed in the bar which is an important aspect of driving traffic to the specified page. You also can enter the button text like “Click Here” or “Get it Now!!!”
Click on the “Customize look and feel…” link in order to adjust the size, font and positioning of the bar. For example, the bar can be positioned by pushing the content or float on the content.
Generating Installation Code
Hello bar provides two types of installation one for WordPress and other for all other platforms. Click on the first option “I can install code myself” to generate the installation code for your Weebly site. Once the code is generated copy it in to the clipboard.
Installing on Weebly Site
Hello bar can be installed on a Weebly site without any modification in your theme. The bar shall be displayed on all pages of your site or on any specific pages you want. Follow the below instructions in order to install it on all the pages:
- Login to Weebly account and select the site you want to edit.
- Click on the “Settings” tab in the editor and then go to “SEO” section.
- Paste the Hello bar code in the “Header Code” section and save your changes
- Publish your site and the Hello bar will be displayed on all your pages.
Installing on Weebly Page
Follow the below instructions in order to display Hello bar in any specific pages of your site:
- Go to “Pages” tab in Weebly editor.
- Click on the page you want to install Hello bar.
- Paste the installation code in “Header Code” section and save your changes.
- Publish your site to see the Hello bar only on that page.
You can paste the code in any other pages in the same manner.
Once you added the installation code and published your site, click on the “I’ve installed Hello bar” button to see the successful installation message. Any changes you do later in your Hello bar account will automatically be reflected in your site and you do no net need to replace the code every time.