Windows computer comes with lot of keyboard shortcuts. Especially the Windows logo or Win key combination has useful shortcuts in Windows 10/11. Pressing “Win + X” keys will open power user menu in Windows computer. This menu has list of shortcut links to quickly access useful apps. In addition, you can also go to all installed apps section in your system.
Win + X Power User Menu Items
The latest Windows 11 version comes with the following items in Win + X power menu.
- Installed apps – open Settings app and go to “Installed apps” section to view all installed apps on your system.
- Mobility Center – launch Windows Mobility Center app to control brightness, volume, power plan, etc.
- Power Options – go to “System > Power & battery” section in Settings app.
- Event Viewer – open Event Viewer app where you can view the overview and summary of events running on your system.
- System – view your device specifications under “System > About” section in Settings app.
- Device Manager – view Device Manager app where you can manage all hardware devices in your system.
- Network Connections – go to “Network & internet” section in Settings app.
- Disk Management – open Disk Management app for viewing and creating partitions in hard disk.
- Computer Management – open Computer Management app to use System Tools and Disk Management. You can also view and terminate services from this app.
- Terminal – open Terminal app in normal mode.
- Terminal (Admin) – open Terminal app in administrator mode.
- Task Manager – launch Task Manager app where you can view the current usage of CPU, memory, disk and network. You can also use Task Manager to view and terminate any running process on your system.
- Settings – open Windows Settings app.
- File Explorer – launch File Explorer app
- Search – open Windows search box for searching and locating files.
- Run – open Run prompt where you can enter command and execute. For example, type cmd in the Run prompt and press “OK” button to open Command Prompt app.
- Shut down or sign out – this option has additional menu items for sign out, sleep shut down and restart your computer.
- Desktop – minimize all open apps and show your desktop. This is same as pressing “Win + D” shortcut keys.
Using Hot Keys in Power User Menu
As you can see in the screenshot each menu item has an underlined letter. This is the hot key to open that menu item after you opened the main menu. For example, first press “Win + X” to open the power user menu and take your fingers out of the keys. When the menu is showing, simply press “T” to open “Task Manager” app.
Here is a complete list of hot keys for power user menu in Windows 11:
|Menu Item||Hot Key|
|Shutdown or sign out||U|
|Sign out||U and then I|
|Sleep||U and then S|
|Shut down||U and then U|
|Restart||U and then R|
Instead of using “Win + X” shortcut keys, you can right-click on the Start menu icon in taskbar to open power user menu in Windows. Otherwise, you can open individual apps in the power user menu by using default Windows Search feature.
Leave a Reply
Your email is safe with us.