You already know how important the reputation is in the business world, that is why a successful business requires a website that accurately reflects the vision of your company. Since there are lot of website building solutions available, choosing the most suitable one is not so simple. The best website creation platform should offer an extensive range of opportunities not only for doing business on the Internet but also for promoting and selling goods and services both among local customers and around the world. In this article, let us explore top website builders for businesses to help choosing the best one for you.
Top 5 Best Website Builders for Businesses
Before proceeding further, you need to understand a basic thing about website – hosting. It is nothing but a storage space for your digital assets protected from malicious hackers and available for your legitimate customers. There are different categories of hosting available depending upon the platform you choose:
- Platforms that need premium hosting which you can purchase from any service provider. WordPress.org, Joomla and Drupal are some of the best examples for this. The advantage here is that you can choose different hosting company based on the price and optimize the website building experience. However, this is a time consuming process for a business owner as you have to take care of your business and will not have much time to spend on the design and optimization aspects of the website.
- Packaged hosting companies offer a custom platform for building your site which includes the hosting.
- Hybrid types in which you can build a static website using a desktop or mobile app on your local device. However, you need a premium hosting plan to upload the locally created website’s content so that it will be available on the web for public access.
Here we will list down the top 5 best website builders solutions from the last two categories which is more suitable for business owners.
Wix allows you to create smart business sites in the built-in interactive designer or with the help of an extensive template library, where many business-related templates are available. It is a NASDAQ listed company and one of the most reliable platforms for creating your site. Wix offers the following features for corporate sites:
- Contact form Wix
- Search bar
- ShoutOut mailing list
- List of newsletter subscribers
- Customer reviews
- SEO tools
The Wix app store will help you set up your site with business development tools. Here are just a few of them:
- Wix Bookings – an appointment for clients through the site
- Moovit – allows customers to get directions to your offices
- Traffic Generator – creates advertising campaigns to attract traffic to the site.
If you want to sell products on your website, the E-commerce and VIP pricing plans will allow you to install the functions and applications of the online store. In other cases, the Unlimited tariff plan is more than enough. Combo plan may not be not suitable for a corporate site due to the numerous limits.
Wix has two significant limitations. The first is just 20 GB of disk space for Business Basic plan which may not be sufficient if you have larger store with thousands of products. You need to go for upgraded plans like Business Unlimited (35 GB) or Business VIP (50 GB). Obviously, these higher level plans will cost you more to get the additional space. Second is that you will not be able to make significant changes to the code of your site. This means that no applications and plugins, other than those offered by Wix, cannot be integrated.
Weebly is a great constructor with rich site development capabilities. You can do everything in graphical mode or choose one of many topics for business and online stores. Weebly also offers an extensive collection of applications in its App Center, which will help you grow your corporate website. Here are some of the applications available there:
- Logo Maker – allows you to create a logo and add it to the site
- Live Testimonials – allows you to add feedback to your site about your company from users
- Sell2Member – adds a paid subscription to the site
- Scheduler Pro – an appointment for clients through the site
- Easyship – gives customers access to more than 150 couriers for fast and cheap delivery
Although you can start with the Personal plan, it’s better to go straight to Professional or higher. In the Pro tariff plan, you will receive the advantages of Site Search, password protection, audio and video in HD quality, as well as get most ecommerce features. The Performance tariff plan allows you to get additional store features like PayPal integration, abandoned cart emails and product review from customers. Note that Weebly is owned by the ecommerce giant Square which makes it easy to collect payments using Square payment gateway if you are an existing Square customer.
First, do not confuse WordPress.com with the self-hosted WordPress.org platform. Though both platforms use the same WordPress software, WordPress.com includes a hosting solution. Though WordPress cannot boast of an interactive website builder but is nevertheless one of the best web platforms in the world. There are thousands of business themes for WordPress – from the simplest sites of small firms to powerful portals of online stores. Automattic, the company behind WordPress.com, recently introduced many features to allow installing themes, plugins and optimize your site for search engines. They also offer freemium Jetpack plugin which is most useful for business owners to get traffic data and increase the user interaction.
Premium and Business pricing plans offer advanced design customization with full control over CSS and HTML elements within themes. In addition, you can get site backup and use advanced SEO plugins like Yoast SEO to improve your search engine ranking efforts.
- Gutenberg block editor offers similar drag and drop features like Weebly and Wix site builders.
- In practice, this means that you can add almost any plugins or components for business available on the Internet to your site. And if the required plugin does not exist, you can create it yourself if you have the necessary skills or hire developer to build for you.
- With WordPress powering more than 40% of the websites on the web, you will get top-notch website for your business to stand out from the crowd.
The only drawback of WordPress is that the system is not intended for beginners since some elements require manual configuration. However, on the Internet, you can find a huge number of textbooks and instructions.
If you need a simple corporate website, then the Site123 platform is quite suitable, but large companies may run into problems. In Site123, you can create a site based on flexibly customizable templates, including those that are perfect for business topics. Standard features include:
- Responsive web design with the functionality of the online store
- Online booking and unlimited number of web pages
- Sharing in social networks
- Language switcher to create multi-language website
One of the main advantages of Site123 is the ability to easily and conveniently brand your site around the world. The site can be created in one of more than 80 languages, and then enable auto-translation to any other. If your site is in English and you want to reach Spanish and French customers as well, then simply include versions of your site in these languages and connect the corresponding country specific domain extensions.
You can integrate online store with PayPal extension and edit the source code with Code editor extension. The only problem is that you need to purchase hosting plan separately and upload your content. Though this may look technical job, it is easy to connect your hosting account from Mobirise app and upload the content. This also will help you to modify the site’s content and upload the changes to live site right from the desktop app.
Regardless of whether you want to create a simple website for your company or a full-fledged online store, the selected site website builder platform should offer everything that is necessary for success. By choosing one of the best website builders, you can create a beautiful website for your company to effectively present it in the eyes of customers. It will also give you the necessary tools to increase sales and customer confidence in your products and services, which will ensure continuous business development.