Install WordPress on Bluehost Domain or Subdomain
WordPress has emerged as one of the strongest and highly used site building platform with the vast blogging and content management features it offers. Installation of WordPress needs a hosting server and Bluehost is one of the recommended hosting companies by WordPress. Bluehost offers one-click installation of many platforms like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc. through its MOJO marketplace. Installing WordPress on Bluehost needs the following prerequisites:
Once you decided the domain name and setup DNS settings correctly in Bluehost then you are ready for installing WordPress.
Here we discuss step by step process of installing WordPress on Bluehost domain or subdomain.
WordPress Installation Options in Bluehost
Bluehost offers multiple instances of WordPress installation option under different sections and below are some of the places:
- Immediately after setup of your Bluehost account you will see a message providing an option to install WordPress.
- WordPress icon under “Hosting > cPanel > Website Builders > WordPress”.
- Using Simple Scripts through “Hosting > cPanel > Website Builders > Simple Scripts”.
- Using Mojo marketplace through ““Hosting > cPanel > Mojo Marketplace > One-Click Installs”.
- In home screen under “Home > Website > Install WordPress”.
Don’t confuse with all these options, clicking on any of the above option will essentially results in WordPress installation screen through Mojo marketplace (from where Bluehost sells themes and plugins). Here we explain the process using “Simple Scripts” option (known as Mojo Marketplace).
Install WordPress on Bluehost
- Navigate to “Hosting > cPanel > Website Builders > Simple Scripts” in your Bluehost hosting account.
- Click on “Install New Scripts” button.
- You will see all available packages like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc. Click on WordPress option available under “One Click Installs > Blog & Website Builders”.
- Click on “Install” button.
- Next step is to choose your domain and directory for WordPress installation. Leave the directory text box blank if you want to install WordPress in root directory “/public_html”.
- Click on the “Show advanced options” checkbox to edit your WordPress site title, login username and password.
- Bluehost by default creates database for your WordPress installation if you select the checkbox “Automatically create a new database for this installation”. You have an option to provide your own SQL database details by unchecking this box. You should have created a database separately using phpMyAdmin option in Bluehost. Click on “Install Now” button once you have chosen a domain and database.
- Progress of installation can be checked on the top of the screen and the notification center will show you the details of installation once completed along with the login credentials for your WordPress site.
- Login to your WordPress admin dashboard with the URL “yoursite.com/wp-admin”. WordPress dashboard is the place you can start creating posts and pages for your site along with various features like installing plugins and user profile settings.