Are you writing hundreds of articles on your blog without the success of getting decent traffic? Well, content is king – but there are many aspects for the content to reach out appropriate audience. Besides advertising and social traffic the easy way for site owners to reach interested users is through search engines. In order to reach top on search engines the content needs to be structured in proper manner. In this article let us discuss three major aspects of how to write SEO effective content for your site.
Writing SEO Effective Content
In general, you need to focus the entire content for your audience. However, there are certain aspects you need to take care so that the content is optimized for search engines. Here are three simple steps to write SEO effective content:
- Remember your keyword
- Understand search engine’s need
- Structure your content
1. Remember Your Keyword
You can easily find millions of results on Google for any given keyword. You don’t need to worry much about those results. Contradictory to the regular thinking, it is no harm in offering similar content in a better, useful and attractive manner. When users find your content is better than other popular content they will make yours popular.
What you exactly need to do is to remember your keyword. If you are talking about dogs then ensure to provide all the details and focus only on dogs not cats.
2. Understanding the Basics of Search Engine’s Needs
When you search for SEO, people talk much about the technical jargons like algorithms and ranking factors. Forget all those for a moment, just look into the Google search results page. You will find four simple things on a generic search result:
As far as we remember, there are no changes in these four elements on a search result for decades. In most of the cases these four elements play vital role than the actual content on the page. This is a good reason sometimes you will find the top results having low quality content and the low ranked pages having good quality content.
- Ensure to use descriptive page titles. Instead of having a title “Improve Your SERP Ranking”, use like “10 Proven Ways to Improve Your SERP Ranking”. Refer our separate article on optimizing page titles for search engines.
- Ensure to have your brand name as site title and use appropriate separator between page and site titles.
- We recommend to use breadcrumbs to have a structured URL. You can also use descriptive URLs.
- Meta description is a summary of your content. This will give a lead for users to click on the search result and tempt to go to the page for reading the whole content.
On top of all, remember to use your keyword on page title, URL and meta description. It is highly recommended to prepare the title, URL and meta description of the page before even you start writing the content.
If you are using content management systems like WordPress, it is an easy task to add and validate these elements using plugins like Yoast SEO. For other site builders, you may need to validate manually yourself.
Note: If the meta description of the page is not appropriate then Google will automatically fetch the relevant and popular content from the page to show it on the search result description section.
3. Structuring Your Content
Google reads the webpage markup schema and list in the search result. The above search result example, actually will look like below on the Google search:
When your page has structured content, Google will love to show your pages on top of any other popular sites. Below are some guidelines to structure your content:
- Use headings in a structured manner, more priority with H2 and less priority with H6.
- Segregate each topic under different heading. And use numbered list for each heading so that Google can collect those headings and show in the search result.
- Provide the summary so that users can easily understand.
Also ensure to use your keyword on headings and inside the content in appropriate places. Search engines should feel the content is written for users and not for the crawler bots. So after writing the content read and remove the excessive keywords before publishing.
Remember it will take some time for Google to recognize your content. So be patient and focus on writing structured content instead of getting diverted with different advises on SEO.
Summing It Up
There are many other aspects of SEO like link building. But remembering the keyword, using it on titles and description and having structured content are three most important part of writing SEO effective content. Try out and let us know if it is effective!!!