Nowadays, you can easily watch videos and movies on iPhone using apps like YouTube, Netflix, Amazon, etc. However, did you ever try to watch movies from iPhone apps on your Mac? This is cool especially when you have large iMac with 21-inch monitor screen. You can view the videos on large screen with Mac’s sound and sit in a comfortable distance.
Share iPhone Videos on Mac
All you need is a lightning cable (this comes as part of iMac) to connect your iPhone and Mac. You do not need any third-party apps for this purpose.
Trust Mac on iPhone
- Connect your iPhone and Mac using the lightning cable.
- You will be prompted to trust the computer on your iPhone and tap on “Trust” option.
- Type your passcode and trust the Mac.
Sharing Screens with Quick Time Player
- After trusting your Mac, open any movie or video in your iPhone. You can use any video streaming or browser app for this.
- On your Mac, press “Command + Space” to open Spotlight Search. Type “quick time player” and open Quick Time Player app.
- It will ask you to open a file and click “Cancel” button.
- Go to “File” menu and select “New Movie Recording” option. Alternatively, press “Option + Command + N” keys to open “New Movie Recording” screen.
- You will see the camera is turned on and see your own video on the Mac’s screen. Click the small down arrow icon showing next to record button and select “iPhone” option for “Screen”.
- Now you will see the iPhone video is playing on your Mac.
- Rotate the iPhone to change the video to landscape (full screen) view and enjoy watching the video on your Mac.
If you do not hear the volume, hover over the video and unmute the speaker icon showing on the recording panel. Increase the volume by dragging the slider on the panel or use your Mac’s volume from top menu bar.
As you can see the above movie screenshot, there are some disturbances on Mac’s screen when the video is playing.
Quick Time Player Video Quality and Recording Panel
- You can adjust the quality of the video by selecting high or maximum option from the recording panel.
- For hiding the recording panel while watching video, move the mouse to top bar or away from Quick Time Player app.
- Use full screen view for Quick Time Player or adjust the video size for your convenience.
If the dock is disturbing, go to “Apple menu > System Settings… > Desktop and Dock” section. Enable “Automatically hide and show the Dock” option. This will hide the dock when watching videos and you can make the Quick Time Player to full screen view.
If required, you can adjust the size of the Dock or change its position.
Disable Mac Screen Saver
Your screen saver setting will be another problem as Mac will consider the screen is idle while watching movie. It will be annoying and spoiling the fun to see the screen saver frequently. Go to “Apple menu > System Settings > Lock Screen” section. Change the inactive time for screen saver and display off to 2 or 3 hours based on your need.
Disable Assistive Touch Icon on iPhone
If you are using Assistive Touch icon on iPhone screen, it will be shown in the Quick Time Player on Mac also. Go to “Settings > Accessibility > Touch > AssistiveTouch” on your iPhone and disable “AssistiveTouch option.
Leave a Reply
Your email is safe with us.