When you try to connect two devices wirelessly, Bluetooth feature comes to mind in the first place. Why not? It’s really very easy to use. Bluetooth becomes unavoidable in portable usages like connecting mouse, keyboard and speakers to your Windows 10 computer. Not just even in connecting two devices but Bluetooth also help us in sharing files. During connecting devices and sharing file, there could be Bluetooth problems. Windows 10 allows us to fix these bugs and all we need to is follow few steps.
Fix Bluetooth Problems in Windows 10
- Turn on Bluetooth
- Verify device is paired
- Check discoverability
- Check hardware status
- Update Bluetooth drivers
- Check Services
1. Turn On Bluetooth
In order to connect any devices to your Windows 10 PC, first turn on the Bluetooth connection. Click on the action center icon shown in lower right corner of the taskbar. Click ‘Bluetooth’ button to turn on.
You should see a Bluetooth icon appears on taskbar.
2. Pairing a Device
After checking the hardware, you should check whether a device is paired or not. Sometimes, the device has not connected properly. So, you should perform a cross-check by pairing it again. To pair a device in Windows 10:
- Go to ‘Start’, type ‘Settings’ and press ‘Enter’ key. This will open Windows Settings. Navigate to the path ‘Devices > Bluetooth & other devices’.
- Make sure the ‘Bluetooth’ is ‘On’ and Click on the ‘Add Bluetooth or other device’ button.
- After that, click on ‘Bluetooth’ and it will start looking for the devices.
- Connect with your device and it should be working now.
3. Check Discoverability
When you are connecting a device with your laptop/PC, then both of them should be discoverable. To check this:
- Open ‘Settings’ app, head over to ‘Devices > Bluetooth & other devices’.
- From the right-hand side menu under ‘Related settings’, choose the ‘More Bluetooth options’.
- Check the option ‘Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC’. Click on ‘Apply’ and then ‘OK’.
This will resolve the issue of not seeing the Bluetooth device and after that, you can be able to connect them.
4. Hardware Check
Bluetooth would be a USB device used to connected portable wireless devices. There is also a great chance that your hardware may have damaged or it is not working properly. In the above ‘Bluetooth Settings’ screen, go to ‘Hardware’ tab. Check the ‘Device status’ is showing ‘This device is working properly.
If there are hardware problems then try to update the device drivers as explained in next section.
5. Update Bluetooth Drivers
There is a strong reason why your Bluetooth device is not working it’s because of the outdated drivers. To update the Bluetooth drivers:
- Go to ‘Start Menu’ and search for ‘Device Manager’. Hit ‘Enter’ key from the keyboard to launch it.
- Click on the drop-down icon from the left-side to see the Bluetooth drivers for your PC. Right-click on it and choose ‘Update driver’.
- Click on ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ and it will start looking for the latest driver on the internet. If there would be any latest drivers then install them.
- If you select ‘Browser my computer for driver software’, then select the path of the drivers and click on ‘Next’. You can also click on ‘Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer’, it will look for suitable drivers itself. After that, you can select the drivers and click on ‘Next’ button to install them.
Most of the time, the connection issues will be resolved by just updating the Bluetooth drivers on your PC.
6. Check Services
This is an important point where you will be restarting the Bluetooth service in Windows 10. To do this:
- Click on the ‘Start Menu’, search for ‘Services’ and hit ‘Enter’ key.
- In the list of ‘Services’, look for ‘Bluetooth Support Service’, right-click on it and choose ‘Restart’ option.
- Right-click on it again and choose ‘Properties’.
- Set the ‘Startup type’ to ‘Automatic’.
If you have problem with wireless Bluetooth headphone then check ‘Bluetooth Handsfree Service’ is running properly. If not then restart and check the headphone is working.
Related: Fix Wi-Fi connection issues MacBook.
We hope one of the above solutions helped you to fix your Bluetooth connectivity problem in Windows 10. If the hardware is having problem or you could not resolve the issue then get help from your support company.