Enable PayPal Checkout Option in Weebly
Weebly offers the following three checkout options under eCommerce plan.
- Credit Cards
Among all PayPal is the preferred payment system for online vendors due to the ease of use and the variety of currencies accepted. This article explains how to enable PayPal along with other customizing options.
- Login to your Weebly account and select the site you want to edit.
- Click on the “Store” tab in Weebly editor.
- Click on the “Settings” tab.
- Click on “Checkout” tab.
You will see the below screen offering three different checkout options.
- Click on the “Connect” button under PayPal section to see a popup screen as below:
- Enter you PayPal id in the email box, choose the currency from the currency drop-down and click on the “Connect” button.
- Your PayPal id will be connected as a checkout option and you can disconnect it any time later.
Changing Weebly Store Currency
Your store currency will be automatically set as the currency you have selected when connecting PayPal account and hence your store currency and PayPal currency are the same. You can see your store currency under the "General" tab in your store "Settings".
You can also choose the text "Buy Now" or "Add to Cart" to be displayed on the PayPal buttons.
Users will be taken to PayPal website for payment during the checkout process and the amount will be directly credited into your PayPal id configured in Weebly store.
Remove or Delete PayPal from Weebly Account
Once added your PayPal account will be associated your Weebly account level which means all sites under your account will have this association. Follow the below steps to remove the PayPal association:
- Login to your Weebly account.
- Click on the “Account”.
- Navigate to the section “External Account Associations”.
- You will see the current PayPal id in the “Merchant Account” section.
- Click on “remove association” link to delete the existing PayPal id from your Weebly account as shown in the below picture.