Poll is a powerful tool to ask certain questions and collect information from the interested users. This not only increases the possibility of user engagement but also to use the collected information for specified purposes. For example, if you are running a political site then you can conduct a poll to predict the election results. Weebly offers a third party element from PollDaddy to add a poll to your site.
Add a PollDaddy Poll in Weebly Site
- Drag and drop a poll element in your site’s content area.
- Click on the poll and click edit poll in the options.
- You will see an pop-up asking whether you are a new or existing user of PollDaddy.
- Click on Get Started under “I am totally new to PollDaddy!”
Customizing PollDaddy Poll for Weebly
- You will see various customizing options under four tabs – My Polls, Designs, Languages and Settings.
- You will not be able to modify the options under Settings tab since the poll will be created through Weebly.
- Languages tab offers you the options for creating messages to be displayed after the user submitted the vote.
- Designs tab offer the basic design for your poll like width, border, margins, etc. You can also use the default design when creating a poll.
- Once you customized designs and languages options then go to My Polls tab and click on Create a new poll button.
- Start creating your question and answers and save poll. You will be navigated to next sub-section Poll Design where you can choose template for your poll.
- The next sub-section Send Poll offers the final option Add to page for adding poll to your site.
- You will the poll is added to your site, publish your site and check in the browser about the look and the results display of your poll.
- You have other options like sharing, previewing and deleting a poll. All created polls will be shown as a dashboard view under My Polls tab.
Adjusting the Position
Though you can define a width for your PollDaddy poll, Weebly Poll element occupies full width of the page. There is no default option to reduce width of the poll element in Weebly; but you can use columns element to divide the space into multiple columns and place the poll element in the required column. Blank columns will be considered as empty space and will not be displayed in the published site. This way you can adjust the position and size of your poll to fit inside your content.
You also can use block quote element within columns element to show it as a vertical divider. This will separate the content and the poll by a divider line as used in the above example.