Top 5 Antivirus for Windows 10 PC
Windows 10 is one of the major targets for cybercriminals mainly because of its worldwide popularity. It comes with a pre-installed Windows Security app, previously known as Windows Defender. Though this make Windows 10 more secure than its predecessors, the solution is still not sufficient. Hackers are using advanced and creative methods to access your personal information or to take control of your computer resources. Today, there are many threats ranging from malware, ransomware to file-less attacks targeting Windows 10 systems.
Related: 11 ways to secure Windows 10 computer.
Therefore, you need reputable third-party security software to protect you from any kind of the latest threats. There are many benefits of having a good and updated antivirus including:
- Optimizing the efficiency of your system.
- Safeguarding your online identity.
- Preventing authorized access to your personal data.
- Protecting and saving your finances.
Top 5 Antivirus for Windows 10 PC
In the market today, there are many options for both paid and free antivirus packages, making it difficult for users to identify the best solution for the Windows 10 PC. We have the top 5 antivirus recommendations for Windows 10.
- Bitdefender Total Security
- Kaspersky Total Security
- AVG Antivirus
- Norton Security
- McAfee Total Protection
1. Bitdefender Total Security
Bitdefender is one of the most reliable security software for Windows 10. The antivirus offers a range of basic protection features such as ransomware protection, privacy tools, and webcam protection. It also has a specialized security feature to monitor and protect children usage. It is available in both free and premium plans.
- Multi-layer ransomware protection.
- Privacy features – VPN, Banking protection (Safepay) and Webcam protection.
- Multi-platform support – Windows 10, Android and iOS.
- No scan scheduling or quick scans.
2. Kaspersky Total Security
Kaspersky Total Security is another reputable security software for Windows 10 users with security features that protect you from potential threats. It secures all your online activities such as; shopping, surfing, socializing or streaming. Besides, the antivirus gives you access to their reliable antivirus engine and smart blocking of malware and malicious links.
- Privacy protection – Provides a secure password manager and cloud file backup.
- Transaction security – DATA encryption around your online shopping and banking.
- Parental Control – Protects your children against online dangers.
- Unbeatable Malware/ Phishing/ Ransom Protection – Intelligent detection and blocking of various threats.
- The free version is too basic with no extra features.
3. AVG Antivirus
AVG is another good choice for the protection of your Windows 10 PC. It offers decent security features such as link scanning for malicious emails, downloads and links. Besides the antivirus features, it offers a host of PC tune-up and clean-up tools.
- Ransomware and Webcam protection.
- Superior firewall and real-time web updates.
- Enhanced malicious link blocker – For suspicious emails, links or downloads.
- Unlimited installation for PCs – Ideal for a big family.
- Additional PC performance optimization tools.
- It is not reliable for phishing protection.
- Slow scanning process.
4. Norton Security
This has been one of the most consistent security software for Windows PC, and aims at shielding your financial information from cybercriminals. Moreover, it provides reliable protection against scammers when you are chatting, shopping or banking online. This awarding winning antivirus package is a subscription product, meaning that you don’t need a physical installation copy. This also makes it easier to install new updates and safe from the latest viruses or attacks. The free version offers all the basic Windows 10 security features you may need, but you can upgrade to a premium plan to get advanced features.
- A comprehensive antivirus suite for Windows 10.
- Solid protection against various attacks – Including crypto mining attacks, script-based attacks and fake tech support.
- Norton safe web and Norton safe search – For secure browser activities.
- Firewall protection and Intrusion prevention tool.
- Limited tech support for the free version.
- Premium plans are comparatively expensive.
5. McAfee Total Protection
McAfee Total Protection offers a host of antivirus security features to keep your system safe from malware, viruses, ransomware and spyware attacks. It is a reliable package when you want to prevent phishing, spam emails and malicious applications that can compromise the security of your computer systems. Furthermore, it provides parental controls that block unwanted websites and search results as well as password management tool.
- Spyware, Malware and virus protection – Active Windows 10 protection that detects, removes or blocks any kind of viruses and malware.
- Data protection and backup – Anti-theft, data backup and shredder tools.
- Email and web protection – Phishing and junk mails prevention.
- Parental controls – Regulate what your children can do or see online.
- PC performance optimization – Increase PC performance by deleting unnecessary files.
- Money-back guarantee.
- No cloud backup for photos and files.
Windows 10 users have a variety of antivirus software to enhance their PC security. However, these solutions have their strengths and weaknesses, and choosing the best depends on your security needs and budget. If you are looking for a reputable antivirus for your PC, you can opt for one of the above recommendations.