Apple’s iPhone devices are worldwide famous for its design and frequent updates to its operating system iOS which brings new improvements and features more quickly than any other mobile phone device. Recently Apple releases its latest version iOS 13 which brings some major improvements and enhancements to UI, performance and privacy management in iPhone devices. In this article we will go through top 10 useful iOS 13 features one by one.
Related: How to use Screen Time in iPhone?
iOS 13 Available Devices
Before looking for the features, here are the devices you can upgrade iOS 13. If you have old iPhones, then check out whether you can trade in for the new model or you should buy a new one to use iOS 13.
- iPhone 11 / Pro / Pro Max
- iPhone XS / XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 / 8 Plus
- iPhone 7 / 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s / 6sPlus
- iPhone SE
- iPod Touch (7th generation)
In addition, iOS 13 is exclusive to iPhone and iPod Touch. Apple released a new iPadOS for the latest iPad models.
1. Silence Unknown Caller
iOS 13 has added an Artificial Intelligence-based new setting which provides users an option to get rid of unknowns and spam callers. Siri will intelligently search the caller information within your device’s Contacts. Messages and Mail before ringing your phone and will ignore calls from unknown callers, however it will still give you a missed call warning to let you know.
To activate this feature, go to Settings -> Phone, you will see the “Silence Unknown Callers” toggle button to turn on and off this feature.
2. Access Wi-Fi Networks from Control Center
With iOS 13 now you can now access Wi-Fi networks and select a network with just one tap from the control center. You can also access Bluetooth devices/accessories from control center as well. With this quick access now, you can connect networks and devices within no time before that you had to go to settings to do that so big time saving and simple.
3. New Gestures for Text Editing
iOS 13 brings a lot of innovative features to make text editing and formatting very easy and comfortable. Some of them are the following:
- Cursor navigation gesture enables you to just hold the text and drag it to place you want it to be added.
- With undo and redo gestures you can undo with just 3 fingers swap left and redo with 3 finger swap right.
- Intelligent selection enables you to just double-tap to select important data like email, phone number, and address from text.
- New pinch gestures enable you to cut, copy, and paste text more easily. Just pinch up 3 times for copy text, pinch up 2 times to cut text and pinch down 3 times to paste text.
In case you are not comfortable with the gesture just select the text, touch the screen with three fingers and hold for a moment and you will see a formatting bar with these options.
4. Audio Sharing
For Music lovers, this is one of the most exciting features as iOS 13 gives you power to share your iPhone music with your friends from a single device. You can now pair two set of AirPods and you can watch and hear same song and movie from one iPhone device.
In order to enable Audio Sharing, turn on your AirPod and connect it with the iPhone device by pairing with Bluetooth. Once paired, you can see connected AirPod in AirPlay menu, just tap on it for second pair for sharing audio.
5. Dark Mode
Dark Mode is getting attention all over the world as many famous applications like twitter and Instagram added this feature within their mobile apps. So finally iPhone user’s wait is over and now with iOS 13 iPhone Supports dark mode with automatically turn on and off feature. You can setup dark mode turn on and turn off timing through settings.
To activate dark mode go to your iPhone’s settings and long press on brightness slider, it will start showing you the “Dark Mode” option.
You can alter default timings of dark mode by going to Settings, open Display -> Brightness -> Schedule.
6. All-new Photos Tab
iOS 13 brings another exciting feature in Photos application “all-new photos tab”. This tab lets you view your photos in a timeline manner which gives you ease of finding your pictures. It also gives you a filter on toolbar so that you can filter photos of a specific day, month or year so you don’t need to do hectic scrolling all the way to find an old photo in your iPhone anymore.
In addition to the above in Year’s View, Apple smart intelligence will choose best pictures from your gallery and will give you a brief yearly insight.
7. New Editor for Photos and Videos
iOS 13 upgrade brings a lot of new features in audio and video editing apps. Some of the notable features are following:
- The Preview intensity feature will let you see which effect value has been increased or decreased after every edit action.
- You can know how each effect changes your photo by just taping it will show you instantly before and after preview of your photo.
- Enhance provides an ability to control the intensity of each effect on applying automatic filters or adjustments.
- New video editing features like crop, rotate or even you can now apply filters on videos captured by your iPhone device.
- Undo feature is added in video editing as well now you can undo a filter, cut or rotate action in the video editor and it will move back to your original video state.
- New image capture API now lets you import photos directly from an external camera connected to your iPhone device.
Additionally, iOS 13 includes some new editing functions for modifying Sharpen, Vibrance, Noise Reduction, White Balance, Definition, and Vignette.
8. Safari New UI and Download Manager
iOS 13 brings some very useful new features in iPhone’s Safari browser. Safari now has an updated start-up page showing bookmarked, frequently and recently visited websites so you can go to your most favorite’s websites in just one click. Safari has now new download manager which shows downloading files progress and even do downloads in background while you keep browsing. It also gives ability to simply drag downloaded file into email or WhatsApp.
Downloaded files by default go to the Downloads organizer in your iCloud Drive. You can change it to the iPhone storage on your iPhone: open Settings, go to Safari, Downloads and taping “On My iPhone”.
9. New Reminders App
In iOS 13 Apple has redesigned the Reminders app and added some powerful features using which you can organize your reminders more easily. Reminder app gets a brand new dashboard that will give you an overview of your reminders in a single glance. Some other features are following:
- In reminder App, a new quick toolbar is added just above of keyboard from where you can select date, attachment, flags more quickly than before.
- The reminder can now have web links, attachments, and document scans to make them more specific and informative.
- Siri can suggest you reminder and helps you adding more specific stuff in the description and can create it for you automatically.
10. Optimized Battery Charging
Battery health is a very sensitive marketing point of selling a smartphone so being the top smartphone selling company Apple made some great efforts in enhancing the iPhone battery life so in iOS 13 the bring a new feature “Optimized Battery Charging” which utilize machine learning algorithms to understand you charging and usage routine. So, it let battery not fully charge to 100% during your non-active hours and stop charging at 80% and continue to 100% inactive hours.
This feature can be enabled or disabled in Settings -> Battery -> Battery Health and you will find the “Optimized Battery Charging” toggle button.
iOS 13 has a lot of other features like maps app upgrade, Homekit, business chat and so on. Here we just covered the features and apps most commonly used by the iPhone users. So, update your iPhone to iOS 13 and enjoy the most advanced features. Check out Apple official website to find if a feature is available on your country.
Leave a Reply
Your email is safe with us.