Facebook like button allows the users to share your content with their friends network in a single click. Follow the below step by step process to get a Facebook like button and embed it in your Weebly site.
Getting Facebook Like Button
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Click here to access Facebook social plugin page for like button.
- Scroll down to Configurator section and you will see a form as shown besides.
- The appearance of the Configurator form may vary in mobile and desktop Facebook sites, but the process remains same.
- Fill your site URL in the “URL to Like” box. If you want to get more like for your Facebook page instead of your website then add your Facebook page URL in this box.
- Ensure to remove the check box on “Send” button which is only supported in XFBML format. Weebly does not support XFBML format, hence you can’t add send button along with like button.
- Customize other options like layout style, color and font.
- You can see the instant preview of your like button besides the Configurator form.
- Click on the “Get Code” box to get the code for your like button.
- You have four options to insert like button in your site – HTML5, XFBML, IFRAME and URL.
- Weebly supports only IFRAME option, hence click on the IFAME link and copy the code as shown in the below picture.
Embedding Like Button in your Weebly site
- Login to your Weebly account and edit the site in which you want to add a Facebook like button.
- Drag and drop “Embed Code” element in a page where you want to add the button.
- Paste the Facebook like button code inside the embed element and you will see the like button will appear as shown here.
- You can also paste the code in Footer or Header section available under Advance Settings of the Pages tab to add like button in footer or header section of the page.
- If you want to add the like button for the whole site then you can paste it in the footer or header section under Site Settings tab.
- When the button is displayed in the footer or header section of the page or site, you may need to adjust the alignment to place the button appropriately.
- In case if you notice a space below the button then publish your site and check it in a browser window. The space probably will disappear in the published site.
- When visitors like your site, you can see the count will increase and the faces of recently liked visitors will be shown if you selected “Show Faces” in the Configurator.
- You can also add the like button code in header or footer as shown below to show it in all the pages of your site.