5 SEO Rules to Dominate Online Search Results in 2019
SEO is a term known to anyone who is doing online business today. As everything being digitalized, there are simply no ways that a person can do business without having a website. Whether it is a business site or for individual showcasing site, it helps especially with the marketing part of the business. With every passing year the world of SEO seems to be ever evolving and growing to be better and fit everyone.
In 2019 if anyone is looking to dominate the SEO field, there are certainly many ways that one can use to reach their goals. That’s being said, there are only some that will stand out. In this article we will be tackling some of the ways that one can use to dominate the online search results particularly in 2019.
1. Page Loading Speed
If you want your SEO strategy to be a success, then ensure that the speed of your pages is fast enough. If the loading speed is slow then be sure the ranking of the site won’t be as high. Most of the giant search engine companies have an objective of offering better customer experience. This will directly match how the site is ranked in search results. Google included page speed as one of the ranking criteria. The slower the pages on your site, the lower the ranking the site will get on the search engines.
One can use tools like Google PageSpeed Insights to look and improve the loading speed as required by the search engine. Improving the page speed of the site will also increase the potential visibility of the site. There are also tools like GTmetrix and Pingdom that you can use to assess the speed of the pages on the site.
Below are some of the basic rules to increase the page loading speed:
- Try to adopt accelerated mobile pages (AMP).
- Ensure to have responsive site design.
- Compress content on your site.
- Have good quality hosting to reduce server response time.
2. Mobile Responsiveness
There has been a tilt in how people use internet in the world today. As opposed to previous years, where most people were using PCs to access the internet, nowadays people are using their mobile phones to access the internet. In fact statistically, the number of mobile searches is by far outpacing that of the desktops.
If you want to hack it on the SEO field in 2019 then, ensure that the site is responsive on all devices. Failure to do so, will affect the ranking of your site, as others will improve their site’s competitiveness. So, before looking at your site on the desktop, check out the mobile friendliness score and ensure to offer rich user experience.
3. User Experience
Most people think that user experience doesn’t affect the ranking of a site in search engines. This is because they feel that the search engine companies will not have enough data to understand the design of all the sites to find out about the user experience. But, search engines got wiser a long time ago and only want to present the site with the best user experience with higher rankings.
There are ways that can help ensure that your site has the best user experience.
- Use breadcrumbs in the navigation if you have large number of categories on your site.
- Reduce the graphics in the site, only use where necessary.
- Ensure that the main menu of the site is easy to use.
- Group the content on the site with categories, tags and other relevant methods.
- Avoid too many pop-ups.
Make use of tools like Chrome user experience report to check and optimize your site.
4. Quality Content
The impact of quality content on any site can never be overstated. If you want the site to stand the chance of getting into higher rankings, then you should be able to produce quality content. The consistency of producing and posting such content should also be observed so as to gain trust with the potential viewers of the site. Modern search engines, especially Google, are improving their capabilities of identifying great content and separating them from the weak content.
Producing quality content also has many other benefits:
- Quality content will invite the visitors to be more engaged and also, they will easily share the content.
- You will get trusted visitors who can be turned in to a potential long-term customer.
- Over the period, you can easily form an online community.
5. No Black Hat Methods
The important thing to sustain in the online world is to follow the good rules. You can checkout the webmaster guidelines and follow them on every activity you do. In other words, avoid black hat SEO methods at any cost, which may spoil all your effort. Below are some of the traditional black hat SEO techniques you should avoid to rank high in 2019.
- Keyword stuffing – adding the keyword many times in the article unnecessarily. Also include the keywords using white color font or smaller font sizes.
- Spam backlinks – spamming forums, social networks and blogs with links.
- Traffic exchange – participating in free or paid traffic exchange programs.