Software updates bring changes to make user’s life easier. However, some changes can easily annoy users and force them to look for alternative or try to downgrade to previous version. Apple released iOS 15 for iPhone that comes with plenty of changes for the Safari browser app. One of the noticeable changes is the address bar in Safari app is now moved to bottom of the screen from traditional top position. If you are not happy with this, here is how you can move address bar to top in Safari iPhone app.
Why Bottom Address Bar is Annoying?
By look, you will think the bottom address bar is helpful to type the address quickly. However, you need to go to the top for accessing many browser functions and websites also not designed for accessing from the bottom.
- All websites offer menu in the top and not in the bottom.
- For closing single or multiple tabs you still need to go to the top section.
- When you rotate iPhone to landscape view, the address bar will go back to top instead of sticking to bottom.
- Safari suggestions and top hits will still show in the top position long away from the bottom address bar.
- If you are using other devices like Android, Mac or Windows with top address bar, it will drive you nuts with only iPhone Safari offering address bar at bottom. This will be the same problem when using Chrome, Firefox or Edge browsers along with Safari in the same iPhone.
With all these, you will go crazy moving between up and down of the browser. Fortunately, Apple provide options for switching back address bar to top position.
Move Address Bar to Top in Safari
There are ways you can change the address bar position in Safari iPhone app.
1. From Safari Settings Page
- Open “Settings” app to access your iPhone settings page.
- Scroll down and tap on “Safari” app in the group where all default Apple apps are available.
- When you are in Safari settings, scroll down to “Tabs” section.
- Here, you can see the default option is set as “Tab Bar” which will show the address bar at the bottom of the page. Simply change the option to “Single Tab” to move the address bar back to top position.
- Swipe up to close the settings and open Safari app. Now, you will see the address bar is restored back to top.
2. From Safari App
You can also toggle the address bar position to top or bottom right from the Safari app.
- Launch Safari app and open any website.
- Tap on the font size change icon showing left inside the address bar.
- Select “Show Top Address Bar” option to move the address bar to top position.
- If you want to change the position, again tap on the font size change icon in the top address bar.
- Now, you will see a different “Show Bottom Tab Bar” option and tap on it.
- This will move the address bar back to bottom position.
- You can toggle the position anytime and work conveniently without moving out of Safari app.
- Note that Safari app will remember your choice and retain the address bar in top or bottom position for all further websites you open.
Note: If you are seeing the address bar and other default icons, you probably tapped on the “Hide Toolbar” option. You can tap on the bottom of the Safari browser to bring back the hidden tools and address bar. Otherwise, simply close and reopen Safari app.
Leave a Reply
Your email is safe with us.