How to Create Portfolio Page in Weebly?
Portfolio page is used to showcase featured images of your projects or any other important work which you want to display to your users. For example, if you are a web designer then you can showcase all sites you created on a portfolio page. Each individual image on the portfolio page can be linked to a separate page where you can explain more about individual project. Creating such a portfolio page is very easy in Weebly with the default “Gallery” element without the need of any additional customization. In this article we discuss in detail how can you create a beautiful portfolio page on your Weebly site.
Weebly Gallery Element
Weebly gallery element is one of the least used options by most of the general site owners. This is generally used by photographers to showcase their masterpiece of work. But you can use this gallery element to create a wonderful portfolio page.
Step1 – Creating Images
First step in creating a portfolio page is to decide how many numbers of projects you want to showcase and prepare individual image for each project. Keep the below points in mind when preparing images for your portfolio:
- Prepare all the images with the same size which will help in easy alignment.
- Center and highlight the readable text on the images so that the users can read the text easily.
- Decide the number of columns and imaged per column. For example, if you want to create 3 columns with 3 images per column then create 9 images. If you have 10 or 11 images then the last row will show with only 1 or 2 images which may not look professional.
Step2 – Uploading Images
Create a new page and name it as “Portfolio”. Drag and drop a gallery element on the portfolio page and upload all images prepared in step 1. You can add more images or delete the uploaded images from your gallery anytime later.
Step3 – Customizing Your Portfolio
Now the uploaded images might have been automatically arranged to give a portfolio look. Click on any image to see two options:
- Popup for individual image
- Popup for the gallery element as a whole
With the individual image popup, you can add caption, link the image to another page or remove the image from gallery. The gallery options popup offers many customization options:
- Choose number of columns and Weebly will automatically align the images per column.
- Captions allow you to decide how you want to display your caption text on each image when mouse hover. We recommend choosing “Lightbox & Thumbnails” for display and “Full Overlay” for thumbnail captions. Also ensure to check the box “Display on hover”.
- The advanced options allow you to adjust the spacing between the images, crop the size and the border width. Choose small spacing and thin border to have a better look. Choose the cropping as none if you have specific size of image or choose rectangle option.
You can also choose Portfolio page layout to create a page from different type of portfolio layouts without arranging multiple elements.