More than 50% of the people start a website merely to provide information by means of blogging. Blogs are started to earn money from advertising and affiliate marketing. In contrast, business owners start a website to get more customers and increase the online sale. But having a business site with less than 10 pages will not take your site anyway in long run. The only way to make your business site popular is to write content related to your main business. Let us discuss in detail how to increase your customer base with a blog on your business site.
Example Business Case
You are running a resume writing services in California and have a business website. The site does not have a blog and running for a year. Each page on the site is getting average 5 visits per day.
Scenario Without a Blog
After a year, you will have a situation something like below:
- You will be getting average 50 visitors per day (5 visits with total 10 pages) through search engines
- Assuming the conversion rate of 1%, you will be getting 1 customer every two days.
Without a blog, you will be saturated with the static site with limited number of customers.
Scenario With a Blog
What would happen if you have a blog? Well, think of a situation you have started a blog on your main business site from the day of launching. And writing related content for resume writing services in California once in a week. After a year, you will have at least 52 blog posts in addition to the initial 10 pages resulting in total 62 pages on your site.
You will have a situation something like below:
- The traffic will be around 310 visitors per day (compared to 50 per day without a blog).
- This will result in getting 3 customers per day keeping the same 1% conversion rate.
Now that you can clearly see the difference of having a blog on your business site. Yes, writing an article needs effort in addition to running a business. But writing one article per week on the area of your own expertise should not be a challenging task.
Blogging and SEO
Now that you have more quality content and getting sufficient search engine traffic, what this is do with SEO?
After a year of running a business site with blog, if you search your site in Google with the domain name, you will find hundreds of backlinks pointing your site. Local business sites, directories and people would have automatically started referring your site, which will increase the quality backlinks pointing to your articles. This in turn ultimately will push your site’s ranking in the search results.
Undoubtedly business site having a blog will tend to have more backlinks and perform well in search engines.
Generally blog will have categories, tags and feed which will attract readers from different sources. Below are some of the ways to use blog on a business site:
- Post discounts and offers on special occasions like New Year. Also you can post information about your new product launch and planned events on your blog.
- Send customized offers to those subscribed to your blog feed. People subscribed to your blog feed can get the updates instantly on their email inbox.
- Readers can use feed readers to get your syndicated content using RSS feed of your blog.
- Users can comment on the blog posts and clarify the queries right from your business site.
- It is easy to share blog posts on social networks and reach your friends and followers quickly.
At any case there are many advantages of having a blog on business site compared to having a static website.
When you have online presence, backlinks, traffic and customers all work in a relative and tightly coupled manner. So instead of spending money to SEO companies for improving your site’s ranking on Google, it is a good idea to focus on creating a blog to get quality backlinks. This will ultimately increase your customer base in long run with good brand reputation.