If you have a website that requires your visitors to contact you for something you offer in it or a service that you do, having a live chat may be one of the best things you can add to it. Here we will talk how you can add live chat in WordPress site, so you can start being closer to your previous and future clients.
Table of Contents
Why You Need Live Chat?
Before we go into more details about adding a live chat to your website, we need to discuss why you should do it and how your website will benefit from it.
- One of the main reasons is the connection that you will have with your viewers and possibly clients. Everyone requires instant answers to their questions, so having a live chat will undoubtedly improve in that regard.
- Another reason for having a live chat is that you can maintain them with your existing clients once you have established these connections. With the help of live chat, you can help them with whatever issue they might encounter, which will help with their satisfaction and recommendation of your services.
The ease of use it offers is another big reason you should have a live chat on your WordPress website. Having the option to talk with your clients and answer their questions very quickly will help you deal with your business.
How to Add Live Chat in WordPress Site?
There are a few different methods for adding live chat to your page, and here we will show the technique that uses a plugin.
Install Tawk.To Live Chat Plugin
- First of all, you will need to download a plugin to your webpage. To do that, go to the “Plugins > Add New” section of your WordPress dashboard.
- Search with a related term such as “Live Chat.”
- You will see various great plugins such as WP Live Chat plugin for WordPress – Tidio, Loginizer, and Tawk To Live Chat, HubSpot, and more. Going with the highest-rated and most downloads is an easy way to select the best plugin.
For this tutorial, we will use Tawk.To Live Chat, after you download it, activate it.
After activation, you will need to go to its settings. For this, go to the “Plugins” part of the dashboard, find the plugin, and go into its settings. You can also do it through “Settings > Tawk. to” on your WordPress dashboard.
Once you are in the settings, you will see two different tabs, “Account Settings” and “Visibility Options.” “Account Settings” requires you to login with your tawk.to account, you will need to create an account if you don’t have one.
While “Visibility Options” allows you to decide if you want the widget to show on every page of your website, or if you want to exclude specific URLs, you can do so.
Create Tawk Account
In order to use the live chat with the plugin, you have to create an account in tawk.to website.
- Once you are on their website, press the “Sign Up Free” button. After that, you will need to enter your information, like Name, email, and password.
- After typing your information, the first step is to choose your language under “Language Selection”.
- Select your language and click on the next step button. The next step is to provide your “Property Details,” like site name, URL and widget’s name.
- Next, you will go into the “Team Members” page, and here you will add all the team members that will be handling the live chat. You can either set them as Admins or Agents, and you will also need to input their emails.
- The last step is called “Install Widget”. Here, you will see different methods for implementing the widget on your website. Depending on your case, you will either implement it directly to the source code, download the plugin (which we already have) or send the information to your developer who is maintaining your website. Since we already have the plugin, there’s no need for us to do anything on this particular step.
Link Account with Plugin
Back to the plugin page on your WordPress dashboard and login with the account that you have created. After logging in, choose your website and widget from the “Select Property” and “Choose Widget” dropdown. For both these options, you can select the details that you have provided during account creation. Press the “Use Selected widget” button to save the changes and implement the live chat on your website.
Check Live Chat on Your Site
Next, go into your website to see the live chat widget shown on your website.
In order to monitor the live chat conversations, you can get their mobile application so that you can respond at all times. Alternatively, you can login to your account on Tawk website and monitor live visitors.
Having a live chat on your website will certainly prove beneficial for you and your business. As you can see, adding a live chat to your website is an easy and very straightforward process. One problem that you might encounter with having a live chat is responding to your viewers. This is an even bigger issue when everyone responsible for handling the live chat is in the same time zone or small numbers. Therefore, make sure you have sufficient support personnel or setup a message to inform users about your availability.