Yandex Webmaster Tools
What is Yandex?
Yandex is a leading search engine in Russia having more than 60% of market share. Yandex Webmaster Tool allows you to submit your site to Yandex Search Engine. Unlike Baidu in China, Yandex provides the Webmaster Tools in both English and Russian language which makes it easier for Webmasters to submit and monitor their sites.
With the increase in English searches, submitting your site to Yandex increases the possibility of attracting millions of users from Russia even though your site content is primarily in English.
Registering and Login
Features of Yandex Webmaster Tools
Yandex provides the following features to Webmasters:
- Analyze the search queries that shown your site in the search results.
- Checking the site’s status in Yandex search engine like how many pages are indexed and excluded.
- Mobile friendliness of your site.
- Check site security and diagnose the site for other possible problems.
- Manage your site structure.
The features are categorized into the following section in Yandex Webmaster Tools account:
Yandex offers the following tools to help webmaster analyze their sites:
- Robots.txt analysis
- Sitemap validator
- Server response check
- Delete URL
- XML validator
- Structured data validator
These tools are available under “Tools” menu and also can be accessed be accessed directly from the “Tools” dropdown menu available in top navigation bar.
Basic Functions Offered
The English version of Yandex Webmaster Tools offer limited features compared to the Russian version. But this will help international site owners to submit their site to Yandex. Similar to most other search engines, Yandex offers the following basic features. Remember Yandex removed the anonymous site submission and you should submit your site only through webmaster tool account.
- Submit your site – submit your site with correct URL and verify the ownership rights to access other features.
- Sitemap submission – you can validate the XML Sitemap using the “Sitemap Validator” tool and submit to Yandex under “Indexing > Sitemap files” menu.
- Search query – check which search queries brought traffic to your site under “Search queries > Query history” section.
- Indexing status – check the status of indexed pages under “Indexing > Searchable pages”. You can also find the pages excluded from Yandex search along with the reason.
- Reindex pages – Resubmit the page URL when the content is changed to request Yandex for crawling and indexing under “Indexing > Reindex pages” section.
- Find internal and external links of your site under “Links” section.
- Set regional affiliation of your site under “Site information > Region” section. This will help Yandex to show it appropriately on local searches.
- Use the free tools for validating the XML Sitemap before submitting and check the mobile friendliness of your site to take corrective actions.