Site administration is an important task for webmasters and all Weebly site administration options can be classified into the following three categories:
- Site level options
- Page level options
- Element level options
This article explains various options available under each categories in detail.
1. Site Level Options
Site level administrator options are available under “Settings” tab. You have an option to un-publish your site from the web and create an archive of your site for your backup purpose. You will be notified through an email after the archival process is completed and you can see the links of your latest archived zip files under “Archive/Un-publish” section.
Copy & Delete Site
Weebly also offers you to copy your existing site into new Weebly site. You can select Copy Site under More options and provide the necessary details to copy your existing site. Note you can’t copy aa Weebly Blog, you can only copy Weebly site.
Multiple Site Editors
Provide editing access to your site to multiple webmasters using the “Editors” options available under “Settings” tab.
- Administrator – This option enables you to provide access to all the pages of your site to multiple editors. You can enter the email addresses of the editors and send an invite to them. This option is available for both free and Pro users.
- Author – This is available only for Pro users. Here you can provide access only to the selected pages of your site.
- Dashboard Only Access – This is also a Pro option which enables you to provide only dashboard access to your Weebly account. The editor can manage site statistics and comments using the dashboard access.
2. Page Level Options
Under the “Pages” tab you have the following admin options:
- Change the name of any page in your site. Remember page name is same as page URL, hence changing the page name will result in changing your page URL.
- Change the page layout – You can change the layout of your pages any time.
- If you do not want to show any page in the navigation, then you can hide the page from navigation menu. Remember, this is only hiding from visible navigation and not from the search engines and access to users.
- The “Advanced Settings” option allows you to enter title and description which will be shown in the search engines. You also can enter Google Analytics tracking code and Webmaster Tools verification under advanced settings.
3. Element Level Options
Each Weebly elements can be copied or moved to another page in your site. Click on the arrow mark shown in the top left corner of any element box to get a pop-up showing you the option of copying or moving that element.
You can also delete the elements by selecting the “X” mark shown in the right upper corner of each element box.