Weebly Pro HD Video Player Features and Alternatives
High Definition (HD) Video Player is one of the key Weebly Pro feature which allows user to upload up to 1GB size of video file in their websites. This is a must feature if you are hosting a video site which requires unlimited video uploads.
Features of Weebly Pro HD Video Player
- 1GB Video File Size
- Unlimited number of Videos
- Auto HD Conversion
- Unbranded – You can upload videos with your own brand
- Supports all standard formats
- Various Video Sizes
- In Page Video Playing – Video can be played inside Weebly editor without publishing your site.
- Option to choose whether the video can be downloaded by the user or not.
- Adjust the size, margins and position of the video to align with your content.
Process of Video Uploading to Weebly Site
- Simply Drag and Drop the HD Video icon to your webpage
- Click on the image “Click here to Upload a video” and select the video you want to upload
- Once the video is uploaded it will be automatically encoded
- Choose the size of your video
- Play the video in page without publishing and check the clarity
- Publish your site
Following video control options are available during the play of the video as shown in the below picture:
- Play or Pause button
- Current time and the total video time
- Seek bar to go to any place in the video
- Volume control
- Full screen mode
By selecting the check box “Video Downloadable” you can make the video downloadable by the user.
The video control will shown an option for downloading the video as shown in the picture below.
Well, HD Video player is one of the main attraction in the Weebly Pro pack but there are simple requirements hopefully Weebly will accommodate in near future.
- Video player is a mere player, you can’t record video from USB camera
- No option for converting your photos in to you a video
- No possibility to generate embed coding
- No option to share the video
- Video view statistics not available – You will not know the popularity of your video
- No playlist option available, this means only one video can be uploaded and viewed
Even if you upload a wonderful video in your Weebly site, there is no way the users can download or embed your videos in their site. Worst part is that the video can’t be shared in any social media which means a loss of inbound links to your site and hence the traffic and the search engine ranking. At the same time, this protects the copyright of the owners especially if you are running an online store selling licensed videos.
Alternate Options for Free Users
Weebly free users can use alternative options like YouTube element and Custom HTML element to add video to their site. Learn more about free video embedding options here.