Weebly offers different plans for targeting different user base. Performance plan helps users to create an online ecommerce store with all required features. You can easily have features like digital downloads, coupons, inventory management, etc. with Weebly store. One of the important aspects of selling goods online is to accept payments from the customers. In this article, we will explain the Weebly payment options for online store cart checkout.
Weebly Payment Options
Earlier Weebly allowed four payment gateway options for users. However, currently there are three options and Weebly removed Authorize.Net payment option.
- Authorize.Net (Discarded)
Remember, Square is the owner of Weebly and offers integrated ecommerce solution along with website builder.
Enabling Payment Option
Earlier, you have to enable the payment option for the site by going to “Store > Checkout” menu under the site editor. Currently, you can setup store settings directly from Weebly dashboard.
- Login to your Weebly account.
- Choose the site you want to setup payment option from the dashboard.
- Go to “Settings” and then to “Checkout” section.
- Click on the “Connect” button against any of the options and add your payment option.
You need to have PayPal, Stripe or Square accounts in order to connect that in Weebly. You can also apply for new accounts and connect instantly.
Square Payment Gateway
Square is the recommended payment option as they are the owner of Weebly. It allows integrated checkout on your online store and allows to accept credit cards instantly.
- Square is the payment gateway from Squareup.com and deducts 2.9% plus 30¢ for each transaction.
- It offers integrated Point of Sale (POS) and shopping cart for a mobile site which helps store owners to collect payment easily from mobile devices.
- You can accept all popular credit cards like VISA and Mastercard.
- You can get the funds within 2 days of payment with an option to use Square gift cards on your store.
Stripe Payment Gateway
Stripe is one of the first payment gateways from Weebly for store owners to accept payment from online customers. It allows integrated checkout on your online store and all Weebly users can enable it including free plan users.
- You can accept all major credit cards immediately after enabling the payment gateway successfully on your Weebly site.
- Stripe also allows Apple Pay and Android Pay on your store.
- Transaction fee is same as Square, you need to pay 2.9% plus 30¢ for each transaction as commission and the fund may reach your account after 2 days from the transaction.
Authorize.Net (Discarded Now)
Authorize.Net was the payment gateways from Weebly for business plan users. It allowed integrated checkout on your online store and needs separate merchant account to be created outside Weebly.
Store owners needs to share 2.4% plus 30¢ for each transaction which is lower than the standard rate of 2.9%+30¢ for other users. In addition to commission on transactions, you also need to pay additional setup fee of $49 and a monthly gateway fee of $25.
However, Weebly removed both business plan and Authorize.Net with the current offering.
PayPal is the most simple payment gateway for all Weebly users including free plan users. We do not recommend to use this option for your online stores since the customers will be redirected to PayPal site for checkout. Similar to other options, you need to have a separate PayPal account and pay the transaction fee of 2.9%+30¢ per transaction.
You can just click on the “Connect” button and add PayPal email address to your Weebly site. Since online communities widely use PayPal, Weebly claims you can increase the sales up to 18% with PayPal as a payment option.
Comparison of Weebly Checkout Options
Below is the comparison of all four checkout options, however Authorize.Net is no more available.
|Checkout||On your own site.||On your own site.||On your own site.||On PayPal site.|
|Additional Fee||30¢ per transaction||30¢ per transaction||30¢ per transaction||30¢ per transaction|
|Third Party Account||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Weebly Plan||All plans including free users.||Only for business plan users.||Only for business plan users.||All plans including free users.|