Top 5 VPN Apps for Windows PC
Microsoft Windows remains the most popular operating system in the world. However, this popularity makes it a key target for malicious attacks. Though the most recent release of Windows 10 OS came with enhanced security features, it has some controversial privacy issues. These include data collection settings and DNS leakage. Nevertheless, there is no need to worry.
Windows users have a variety of VPN software that can enhance their privacy and security when connected to a public network. Moreover, VPN enables access to blocked sites and hides your personal details from ISPs, advertisers and attackers. On the other hand, having thousands of VPN apps, the possibilities of choosing best VPN app become a tricky task for users. We have prepared a list of the best 5 VPN services for Windows users to choose from depending on the requirements.
1. CyberGhost VPN
CyberGhost is an excellent VPN for Windows when it comes to foiling censorship and accessing blocked content. It also helps to secure public Wi-Fi networks and unblocks majority of the streaming websites including Amazon Prime Video, Netflix and BBC iPlayer among others.
- Simple and friendly UI.
- Variety of optimized VPN servers – 1000+ servers spread across 40 countries.
- Data protection using AES 256-bit military-grade encryption.
- Affordable subscription plans with 45-day money back guarantee.
- Don’t work with some streaming services.
- Not available in UAE and China.
Additionally, you can download and setup CyberGhost VPN in just a few simple steps.
VPNArea is highly specialized for streaming, torrents and gaming services. For this reason, it is one of the high speed and superb performance VPN software for Windows. The client needs admin access rights and provides advanced settings. You can choose between the 3 subscription plans; $9.90 monthly, $50.00 6-month and $59.00 yearly plan depending on your budgets.
- Strong security – Featuring 256-bit AES and OpenVPN encryption to protect your personal data.
- Supports P2P connections.
- Simultaneous connection in up to 6 devices.
- 28 Mbs average speed and 70 VPN server locations.
- Auto IP feature and DNS leak protection.
- Complicated download and installation process.
- Client Admin access required.
- No free trial but offers a 7-day money back guarantee.
Get the VPNArea App for your Windows PC for your budget.
This is a best VPN choice for Windows users, offering great security and privacy. ExpressVPN implements 256-bit AES and OpenVPN encryption technologies to crawl and mask traffic data, preventing ISP and 3rd-Party access. Additionally, it has VPN servers in over 90 countries.
- Robust Data encryption with OpenVPN and AES-256 bit key.
- Seamless data-intensive streaming - Supports Torrenting and P2P.
- Geo-spoofing and anonymity features.
- 30-day money back guarantee.
- Relatively expensive.
- Limited to 3-device connection per user.
ExpressVPN is easy to download, install and use on Windows PC.
VyprVPN service provides intuitive controls and robust security for people using Windows PC. It runs on 700+ VPN servers on 70 locations and offers unlimited IP switch to enhance your online anonymity. Besides, it unlocks a variety of streaming services such as US Netflix and BBC iPlayer as well as censorship blocks. This VPN service runs its own servers, preventing any third party privacy mix.
- Based in Switzerland – Privacy-friendly environment.
- Supports P2P and kill switch.
- Multiple streaming services support.
- No logging policy.
- Unlimited bandwidth, superb speed and uptime.
- More expensive than competitors.
- Torrenting is disallowed.
- No browser extensions
If you are looking for a specialized VPN app for P2P traffic and torrenting, then IPVanish is a great deal. The VPN has a sleek client design with a range of basic and advanced configuration options, suitable for both starters and expert users. It offers secure connection and high download speeds, making it ideal for streaming services.
- Robust security – PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP protocols as well as 256-bit traffic encryption.
- Unlimited bandwidth and Super-fast speed.
- Prevents Deep Packet Inspection.
- Up to 5-device simultaneous connection.
- No free trial.
- A little more pricy.
There so many VPN apps for Windows in the market today, but none can be said to fit all your needs. You only need to identify a VPN service that suits your purpose and budgets. However, there are important features you need to consider when looking for a VPN including:
- Speed and performance.
- Security and data encryption.
- Ability to unblock streaming services.
- DNS leak protection.
Good VPN Windows software should have reliable speed, security features and high performance.