You can find hundreds of sites offering free SEO tools on the internet. Most of them use a PHP package called AtoZ SEO Tools that you can purchase from Codecanyon. If you are interested in launching your own SEO tools website then AtoZ SEO Tools will look attractive. We have used these tools for various purposes for the past six years. Based on that experience, here is a genuine review of AtoZ SEO Tools script for you to understand what you will get with the purchase.
AtoZ SEO Tools – Search Engine Optimization Tools
AtoZ SEO Tools is a premium PHP package that offers 60+ search engine optimization tools. You can purchase the package from Codecanyon which is part of Envato marketplace. It offers a complete solution including user management and advertisement modules. Before you jump on to reading the review, here is how the website will look after installation.
You can allow users to freely access the tools or setup restrictions for login or payment. It is also possible to install the tools on sub-domain or sub-directory.
Unlike WordPress plugins and many other PHP tools, AtoZ SEO Tools need some basic knowledge to start using. You need the followings to start with the tools:
- A domain name
- Premium hosting account
- FTP access
- Your own email
You have to confirm with hosting company that following prerequisites are available with the server:
- Minimum PHP 5.6 or above.
- Support of PDO, MySQLI and GD extensions
- Support for URL rewrite, Multibyte String (mbstring) and allow_url_fopen
- SMTP mail server
- WHOIS Port with TCP 43
- Custom cron job
If your hosting server does not support these stuffs then you can’t install the package on your server.
You can purchase the package for $40 as one time payment and get lifetime updates. The purchase also includes six months free support through Codecanyon and you can get additional year of support by paying $13.13.
The author also offers additional free and premium tools on his website separately.
Downloading and Installing the Script
After purchasing the item, you can download it from the “Downloads” section of your Codecanyon account.
Make sure you download all the files along with the purchase key and documentation. The zip archive will have the following document structure that includes documentation, upload files and version update files.
Follow the below installation process to install the package on your site:
- Create a MySQL database and note down host, database name, username and password details.
- Login to your server with FTP and upload the content inside the “Upload” folder.
- Go to browser and open “yoursite.com/index.php”.
- This will open the installation wizard to submit the database details and purchase key.
- After successful validation, you can install the package on your site.
As you can see, this is not a simple process of installation like many other products available in Codecanyon. You have to create a database, use FTP and install the package on your own. Though this is not difficult, it is not easy for a new user who never dealt with hosting before.
Core Features of the Package
After successful installation, you can see the admin control panel where you can setup your site.
- Upload logo, favicon, maintenance mode and captcha settings.
- Enable ad blocker detection and ban IP addresses.
- Manage users with login, registration and banning.
- Possible to translate to any language.
- Integrate Google Analytics and generate XML Sitemap.
- Setup mail server and insert advertisements.
- Two free themes with an option to customize.
- SMTP mail server support for receiving emails.
AtoZ SEO Tools use Bootstrap 3 and fully responsive on all devices.
Administrator Control Panel
Control panel is the backend of your site where you can customize all the settings. You can view site analytics, manage users, create pages, modify menus, customize themes and use File Manager.
SEO Tools Included
The package comes with more than 60 tools that you can see on the “SEO Tools” section of your control panel. However, you need to download and instal some tools as separate add-ons from developer’s site. Below are some of the important tools you will get with the installation:
- Article Rewriter (Limited Version)
- Plagiarism Checker (Limited Version)
- Backlink Maker
- Meta Tag Generator
- Meta Tags Analyzer
- Keyword Position Checker
- Robots.txt Generator
- XML Sitemap Generator
- Backlink Checker
- Alexa Rank Checker
- Word Counter
- Online Ping Website Tool
- Link Analyzer
- Google Pagespeed Insights Checker
- My IP Address
- Keyword Density Checker
- Google Malware Checker
- Domain Age Checker
- Whois Checker
- Domain into IP
- URL Rewriting Tool
- www Redirect Checker
- Moz rank Checker
- URL Encoder / Decoder
- Server Status Checker
- Webpage Screen Resolution Simulator
- Page Size Checker
- Reverse IP Domain Checker
- Blacklist Lookup
- Suspicious Domain Checker
- Link Price Calculator
- Website Screenshot Generator
- Domain Hosting Checker
- Get Source Code of Webpage
- Google Index Checker
- Website Links Count Checker
- Class C Ip Checker
- Online Md5 Generator
- Page Speed Checker
- Code to Text Ratio Checker
- Find DNS records
- What is my Browser
- Email Privacy
- Google Cache Checker
- Broken Links Finder
- Search Engine Spider Simulator
- Keywords Suggestion Tool
- Domain Authority Checker
- Page Authority Checker
- QR Code Generator
After installing the package, you can download additional free add-ons from the author’s website. Earlier, you need to use the product key but this not required now. At this moment, here are some of the tools available for free.
- Bulk geo IP locator
- Image placeholder generator tool
- Terms and conditions generator
- Privacy page generator
- Color picker
- Htaccess regenerate generator
- RGB to HEX convertor
- Bank to IFSC Code Finder
- IFSC Code to Bank Finder
Customizing Tools and Themes
You can edit each tool to add content, enable/disable individual tool, offer the tool only for logged in users and make it as a premium tool if you have premium membership add-on.
The package comes with three themes – default, default extended and simpleX. You can choose to use one of these themes or clone them to create a customized theme. It is also possible to add custom CSS to modify default theme’s style.
Earlier, the author was offering premium add-ons through different websites. Now we have noticed, he consolidated all premium add-ons under single site. You can register and purchase items like flag counter, site up or down checking service, PDF tools, website worth calculator, etc. You can also purchase the membership add-on for $55 to convert your SEO tools site to subscription based website.
As you can see in the above screenshot, there are add-ons available for $750. This includes hundreds of premium tools including PDF conversion tools. However, you should have dedicated server to offer these tools as they need lots of server resources.
The package comes with an initial documentation that explains the installation and setup process. You can learn how to create login setup with OAuth and translate content to your language. However, this documentation is not sufficient when you are purchasing any premium add-ons. You have to contact the developer for support by sending email. In our experience, the author generally replies in fews days. However, he never replied for some of our premium add-ons questions. So, be aware of this before purchasing the script as it needs plenty of time for maintenance and updates.
Caution Before Purchase
Whether you want to use these tools yourself or want to offer to your users, AtoZ SEO Tools script may look like a good option at first. However, it comes with multiple problems that you may not be able to handle at times.
- Your hosting company may not allow some of the tools and block access.
- Many of the tools will not work and there are no ways you can fix them. For example, there is a premium Social Stats Checker add-on that will never show the correct social statuses. This is also a problem with every PHP update that some tools will stop working.
- You need API keys for using tools like MOZ rank checker, plagiarism checker, etc. These are premium API keys for which you should pay subscription fee for using. For example, Google limits the custom search API key usage for 100 users per day. However, the author will ask you to create multiple Google accounts and create multiple keys for using in plagiarism checker tool. This is unprofessional and can’t work all times.
- Tools like XML Sitemap generator and broken link checker will consume lots of server resources. This will violate shared hosting terms and your hosting account will be suspended if you continue to offer such tools. Even though captcha is available, the tools will attract plenty of auto and spam bots. Again, this will end up ins security and server bandwidth issues if not handled properly.
- There are hundreds of popular sites use the same set of tools. So, this is no more a readymade package. You have to purchase “Blog” add-on and publish lots of content in addition to updating each tool. This will be a tedious work for those looking for quick website launching. Also, note that the scripts are scrapped from very popular smallseotools.com website. When someone looks your website, there are lot of possibilities they may think you are a cheater to duplicate the entire website.
- There are only three themes available with the package. The author has more than 4K sales and all those websites will have similar look with one of these themes. You can purchase some premium themes from author’s website. Again, the premium theme name itself is a smallseo which is a scrapped theme from the smallseotools.com. In addition, there will be too many advertisements block showing even on account and login pages. This will easily create a policy violation if you are using Google AdSense.
- The front-end of the script still uses Bootstrap 3 version and the developer has no idea of updating the design with Bootstrap 5 or later version.
- As far as we have checked, the developer is an individual with limited capacity. Therefore, you have to wait couple of days to get answers. The premium add-ons have no support policy so you may not get support at later point when you have trouble (or pay for additional support).
- The author offers same add-ons through different channels. For example, he sells flag counter and site up or down checker as separate products in Codecanyon.
- There are no documentation on how each tool works and no change logs for premium themes and add-ons purchased through developer’s site. This will be a big problem in cases like PHP version update.
AtoZ SEO Tools script may look like a decent buy for setting up a SEO tools website. However, many tools will not work and PHP execution/update may cause trouble to your server and hosting account. The entire product is copied from popular website and the author also sells duplicated themes/add-ons for very high price. If you want a unique product for long-term with quality support then be away from this product.
Thanks for this information. this information is very helpful for me.
I think I wasted my hard earned $47 for this outdated tool package. Any suggestions out of the 49 tools which are okey to use? It would be a great help. Otherwise I would require to remove these tools from my website.
i wanted to find out how to add google adsense verification code to this site
A Very good review. But I am sorry to say that my website doesn’t fill the requirements to use AtoZ tools.
Can you please give me a suggestion for AtoZ alternative tool?
From usage perspective, you can try Semrush tools. Otherwise, you need to check with your hosting or get support from the product’s developer.
my a2z seo tools admin panel is not working its paid version m not able to make and edit any changes what disappointed me most if you help it would be great
No support from developers even a replies all they want is to sell the product
That’s true, developer sells add-ons through his website site that needs Codecanyon product key. Support is informal without any SLA, so be away from this item if you do not have your own development team or you need unique setup.